recessed trolling motor pedal...is this ok or normal?

I just received a Comfortroll D-Lux recessed trolling motor tray from Tackle Warehouse yesterday. Everything looks great except that when I put the plate on top of the tray, I can't get the screw holes to line up very well. They line up well enough to work on one side, but then the other side looks like it will not work right. I will attach a couple pics to show what I'm talking about. Is this going to be a problem? Should I just drill another hole on the side that's not matching up right? Not trying to be dumb but I've never installed one of these before and don't want to mess anything up. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    In case it matters at all, in the pics the tray is sitting on top of the plate, so it's actually upside down from the way it would be in the boat. It was just easier to see if I flipped it upside down.

3. Member
    I would say probably re drill the tray as its hidden and the plate is visible. Also the trim should hold the tray down and the holes on other side that are correct should hole everything in place horizontally so it lines up. I have same part coming early next week I will update with how mine looks then.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

4. Member
    I just installed mine. Everything lines up like it should for me. The screw diameter is for the top plate hole size, so as long as you can get the screws through both pieces and into the deck, you're good.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

5. Member
    I just installed one of these as well and everything lined up fine.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Livtofish View Post
    I just installed one of these as well and everything lined up fine.
    Same here.

i would at least talk to TW about it. I wouldn’t want to have to modify a brand new part to compensate for a manufactured defect (possibly). Maybe they would compensate you for the trouble with a discount code or something.

7. Member
    Can you flex the tray out enough to get that hole to line up? If you can get a screw started you should be good.

8. Member
    Drill it and go fishing .

9. Member
    The hole in the pan is big so you have room for play, they dont need to be perfectly centered. I would install it and not worry about it

Try turning the trim piece 180*.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

11. Member
    just put some screws in it, it should have a little flex and if not in your pictures the holes looked closed enough
    THE MORE YOU SAY THE MORE WE UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOU ANYWAYS

12. Member
    I think I'll just use it and drill new holes if needed. I did try turning it 180 degrees but that didn't change anything. I tried flexing it a little but it really doesn't flex (at least not enough to make any sort of difference). Once it's installed you'll never know that the holes didn't line up just right. It's just not worth the time and effort to return it for something that minor in my opinion. Thanks for the input and suggestions guys!