CALIFORNIA GAS CAR BAN

Sorry for you folks in California, guess you will need to buy a electric driven outboard............

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/23/91620...e-cars-by-2035

2. Member
    It's nice to control the future 15 years from now. Wanna buy a used car? 14 years from now go West, young man, go West.

3. Member
    Wow, just so I understand correctly.

The state that lacks adequate power generation and infrastructure to keep the power on in all of it's homes and continues to use rolling blackouts to limit power consumption wants to move to an all electric car system? How about getting people their electricity, so they have air conditioning and can live safely and comfortably with adequate power supply before making that committment?

In Arizona, we never have rolling blackouts and have all the power we need, even when it's 115 and every building has the air conditioning cranked up. Yes, smaller state, but much bigger power generation with a nuclear reactor outside of Phoenix, lots of hydroelectric power generation and building solar networks.

Mandating an all electric system when you can't provide your people all the necessary electricity for regular living is pure stupidity....
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

4. Member
    Best to leave that Shit-hole now. It won't be long before Snake Pliskin will be the only person who could get you out.

"Snake Pliskin will be the only person who could get you out"
    One of my all time favorite movies
    2B576211

6. Member
    And no power to charge all the electric cars will have to run gas powered generators to charge them.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ser68 View Post
    And no power to charge all the electric cars will have to run gas powered generators to charge them.
    Or worse, cover all your land with solar panels or wind generators.........................

8. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntucky View Post
    Best to leave that Shit-hole now. It won't be long before Snake Pliskin will be the only person who could get you out.
    Yep, the Tactical Bassin' guys left there an moved to TN/Chick...

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

California is known for not "Looking before you Leap" !! And, this only goes to show you what's in store !! The Dem's have totally ruined this beautiful State and they won't quit until we become the first State in the United States to have to file "BANKRUPTCY" !!!!
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

10. Member
    aWWW YES, BROWN OUTS NOW.....just wait until all these electrics plug in at 6:00PM.....such wisdom!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ser68 View Post
    There will be plenty of power, but they will only allow charging one at a time in the state. Gov Newdumb will issue a mandate.

Do you guys doubt that CA politicians are far wiser than the free market?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

13. Member
    Honestly, I think this is more an attempt to keep Elon Musk and Tesla in California over the next few years...........
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

14. Member
    Here is an idea, why not get rid of all the government fuel mileage and electric vehicle requirements and let the consumer sales decide what vehicles car companys make?

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apenland01 View Post
    Wow, just so I understand correctly.

The state that lacks adequate power generation and infrastructure to keep the power on in all of it's homes and continues to use rolling blackouts to limit power consumption wants to move to an all electric car system? How about getting people their electricity, so they have air conditioning and can live safely and comfortably with adequate power supply before making that committment?

In Arizona, we never have rolling blackouts and have all the power we need, even when it's 115 and every building has the air conditioning cranked up. Yes, smaller state, but much bigger power generation with a nuclear reactor outside of Phoenix, lots of hydroelectric power generation and building solar networks.

Mandating an all electric system when you can't provide your people all the necessary electricity for regular living is pure stupidity....
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guntucky View Post

Snake might need Jack Burton and the Pork Chop Express to help get them out!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

17. Member
    I used to live in the Bay Area and Snake got me out. This state seemed to have every thing and the Dem's have ruined it.

18. Member
    Gavin Newsom s the problem im a Republican and aint no way im gonna drive electric I just signed a petition to get his butt out of office FLIP IT RED CALIFORNIA I drive a Cummins

19. Member
    Gavin Newsom s the problem im a Republican and aint no ay im gonna drive electric I just signed a petition to get his butt out of office FLIP IT RED CALIFORNIA I drive a Cummins yup drive electric while we cut all the power to avoid fires that's gonna work well.