I Class Question

Looking for a used boat. Looking at Skeeter and Bass Cat. I'm not crazy about the location of the foot control or the narrow deck of the BC but I like EVERYTHING else. I like how "loaded" the I Class is but should I be scared of the touch pad? Would it be safer to look for a ZX (225 or 250)? I have had 2 Skeeters before and was very happy with both. TIA, Scott
    520VX 225 HPDI

2. Member
    Later year iClass pads seem to be better. The real question is what kind of ride you want. The iClass is a deeper hull and will give a softer ride over a ZX.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I’ve really enjoyed my 21i so far! I chose it over newer zx225 and zx250s and haven’t regretted it once! just like you said they are loaded. I actually like the slightly deeper hull it’s not so bad that it’s inconvenient but it’s big enough that waves that are coming over other models aren’t the iclass. I don’t want to jinx myself cause I know it’s coming at some point but my dms has been good so far

4. Member
    I've had my 20i for twelve years and have not had a problem with the DMS. In addition, I've had different made boats (including Ranger) throughout the years but my 20i is the best riding boat I've ever owned. At times it's been frustrating dealing with Skeeter getting parts but nothing devastating.

5. Member
    Is there any where to purchase the DMS brain box that anyone knows of.

6. Member
    I've read somewhere on these threads that you can buy them off ebay and Skeeter dealer can configure the box for you. You may want to start a new thread about configuring the brain box for a Skeeter. But be ready to take some ribbing about this already having been addressed :)

I am doing my best to stay away from any boats with touch pads. Seems no matter the brand they have more failures than I care for. 8 loved my 20i though. Great boat.

8. Member
    I feel the same way. But i just retired from DFD after 30 yrs and i have a son n college for another year. So i have decided to keep my 2009 20i for at least another year. i just put 2 new helix 12's and a MK ultrex. So i just trying to find an extra brain for it. Would love to have a new skeeter zxr because it doesn't have the touch pads.