Quickdraw map accuracy

Any idea how to make and keep Quickdraw maps accuracy? Alot of my lakes have varying water level elevation and they don't report what the elevation is (one of them has big fluctuations of 20 feet). Anyone have any strategies to keep your maps accurate?

2. Member
    The only thing that comes to mind is that at the launch look at the depth on the Quickdraw map. Set plus that amount as the recording offset and minus that amount as the display offset. It is basically the same as if the lake level was reported.

3. Member
    Guys, I figured it out! I went to my local reservoir today and it hit me. All you have to do is be on the water and make a waypoint. When you make the waypoint you look at the depth your transducer is telling you when you make the waypoint and give the waypoint the name of the depth. I did a waypoint at the far end of the dock (8.5) and then another one out a little further out (65ft). So when I go back to the lake I can check the elevation at the dock waypoint and then at the 65ft waypoint and then adjust the settings if I get different transducer depths.