Trim Limit Kit A2D...

2020 Mercury 90 HP, ELPT4S (stock model), Ser#: 2B718937

I installed a Mercury SmartCraft NMEA 2000 Engine Gateway module in my boat. I connected it up to my NMEA 2000 network, and all has worked as expected. On my Solix, I can see my engine stats, hours, etc. From what I can tell, everything appears spot-on.

With that said, one piece of data that I am not getting on my Solix (though it supports the display and value for it) is the engine trim level. I do not have any SmartCraft gauges installed on my boat - only basic analog of: fuel, rpm and speed. I do have a SmartCraft wiring harness that runs from the stern to under my console. That harness has a fair number of cables that are tied off and unused - which is completely understandable. I totally expect it was run as a standard configuration at Lund to save costs and only the pieces that are needed are used.

So, I've been researching more now that I discovered that trim data wasn't present, and from what I understand, the missing piece that I don't have is a digital trim kit. As I understand, adding this part to my motor will still allow me to control my trim via the up and down buttons on the throttle lever, as well as put the trim data information on the NMEA 2000 network (via the Engine Gateway) for the Solix to pick up and display. Also, I can set the trim range limits via the configuration setup.

Can someone help confirm that I am understanding this all correctly and that I'm headed down the right path? Bonus question - are there any other senders that would be available that would add value to the engine data? When I looked online at EuropeanMarine for my motor, this A2D kit was the only "add-on" that appeared to be available. That's fine if it is, I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Available options include Water Pressure, Digital Trim and Fuel Level Harness.

For digital trim, the A2D Limit Kit is the best option, as it allows BOTH Analog and Digital outputs on that particular engine.

For these particular items, I would encourage you to email Rhonda (as most of the optional Smartcraft items are listed in Service bulletins).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Great! Thanks so much for your reply and info. I will be emailing Rhonda here shortly.