Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Camo Clothing Recommendations

Hey all,

I'm looking for recommendations on some new camo clothing I'm due for. I've never spent a lot on camo clothes and am due for an upgrade. I'm not necessarily looking for the absolute top of the line, but I don't mind paying real money for quality stuff either. Other than the obvious, Stika, what brands are you guys partial to and why?

one that i would suggest that is really good but maybe not "high end" like Sitka is First lite.
    i have some of their stuff and its really quality stuff.
    im in the same boat as you as my camo needs replaced also but ill be going Sitka also as i think they have a bit of a bigger selection in different kinds of items.

Thanks Luke! I wish I could just order the Sitka stuff I want and not look back, but that's not really in the budget at the moment...lol.

4. Member
    Kuiu, same guy that started and sold Sitka started this

5. Member
    I bought some Natural Gear camo a couple of years ago, works good and the price isn't too bad, wanted the Sitka Fanatic stuff but i really don't hunt enough now to justify spending that much money.

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Firstlite is by far my favorite.

when you buy the more expensive gear it's important to know the type of hunting, the type of climate and weather that you plan to hunt in. Companies like Firstlite and Sitka make different pieces for very different needs. Match the gear to what you need or you will be disappointed.
    Thanos was the hero

What type of hunting do you do? Sit in tree stand, etc? Sitka is probably top of the line, first lite also very good. Kuiu is very good quality, I have a couple of their items, but it is geared more for mountain type hunting and people that sit in a tree stand in the cold say you will freeze.

8. Member
    Sitka. Well worth it if you hunt fairly often. The fit, finish and quality is hard to beat. A couple key garments each year and you'll get there..

9. Member
    I really like the Predator line of camo.

10. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Buy just a little good Camo at a time. The good stuff will last you long enough to make the price of ownership per year nearly as low as having to wear the cheap stuff.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

i will have to say that i did buy a bunch of Sitka and so far have used it a few times and i love the stuff.

The Cabelas Berber fleece with wind stopper is really good and doesn’t cost a fortune

13. Member
    I have a lot of Sitka gear and yes it is expensive. But I will say I stay on stand or in the blind a lot longer because I am now comfortable instead of always being cold. Good gear makes a big difference and you will find it was worth it. I normally add several pieces every year at the end of the season when everything goes on clearance.

14. mikesxpress
    I quit trying to "keep up with the Jones's" on camo hunting outerwear back when the original tree bark pattern was released years ago. You have allot more less expensive non-camo options for great warm outerwear that way. I utilize a quality "leaf-o-flage" type jacket and/or pants in the stand. All my ladder stands are wrapped with camo from the rail down past the foot rest which hides me from mid-chest down and conceals lower body movements so no need for camo from the waist down. IMO the 3D
    leaf-o-flage camo is one of the best concealment patterns available for use the entire season. I stick with all black for and enclosed/ground blind.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 10-11-2020 at 06:58 AM.

15. Member
    Predator.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

16. BBC SPONSOR
    I for one am a huge proponent of KUIU gear, I wear it in the deer stand and use it to hunt all over the west. Its at a great price point and the customer service is awesome.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

I use Predator and Sitka. Predator patterns are great at breaking up the human outline while Sitka’s garments are second to none.

18. Member
    Leafy suit over whatever works for you. Layer as needed. Cover it and go. You can hunt in your guidewear.

19. Member
    https://www.plythal.com/

Great quality and great price.

20. Member
    I hunted two days last week that were below 10* the outer layer is the old cabela's berber fleece I love the pattern and the warmth is second to none.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast