Thread: Recessed pedal

Recessed pedal

Would like to drop a recessed pan in the front deck of a 1993 201 pro. Anybody done one of these? I see that the front box extends past the hatch opening and the seat base plate is reinforced, wondering if that reinforcement
    continues up close to the front. I have foam on the bottom of the floor, hard to tell what I have past the center storage box.

thanks

2. Member
    mine was easy and your boat is slightly longer was a you tube video of a 201 being done if you can find it. no real issues on that boat likely--just stay forward of seat plate
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

I put one in my '95. Pan is not gonna be rearward enough to cause issues. Measure inside the box, forward from front of lid opening to front of box. Check your measurement on top of deck forward from front of lid opening to prove it to yourself.

Confident that I will miss the box, but didn’t know if the seat post supports run on up front

Expect yours is same design as mine. Only thing you should find is a bloody-thick deck and buttload of foam.

6. Member
    Should be good . But pull the front panel off and look for wires and things first , I did my 1988 , no problem. I cut in to the front box a bit . I want my pan back a tad ...no problem. There wasn't any thing in the way on my boat . But it has some thick wood up front 2-3 inches.

7. Member
    We have one on our 93 201 Pro XL and it is great. No issues what so ever.

1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clayrhye View Post
    We have one on our 93 201 Pro XL and it is great. No issues what so ever.

What speeds are you getting out of your boat, with the 225 Optimax . Also how wide is your boat from inside to inside across the front pole hole?
    Just want to compare my 1988 boat to yours . Plan on putting a 2004 EFI 225 on mines.
    Sorry didn't want to hi-jack your post ....thought it would be ok to ask ?

Two more concerns before I cut the deck. New motorguide tour, cables seem to come out of the box at a sharp angle , and concerned about water draining out. No issue getting water to the bilge area via the drain, but wondering how fast it will drain with the pedal over the drain hole. Comfort troll recess box

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by josie201 View Post
    Two more concerns before I cut the deck. New motorguide tour, cables seem to come out of the box at a sharp angle , and concerned about water draining out. No issue getting water to the bilge area via the drain, but wondering how fast it will drain with the pedal over the drain hole. Comfort troll recess box

my drain had a tube to tale water to rear of the boat and I bet the pedal has feet to get it up off of the pan slightly also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools