Pro V Bass Performance Question

Hey guys with the 1875 Pro V Bass.... Most of the dealers I see are rigging this with the 150 Pro XS, but being rated up to 200 I was wondering if there was a significant difference in performance from the 150 to 200? I always like to max out a hull, but on this hull would the 50hp provide that significant of an upgrade on performance, such as top end or hole shot. OR are those running a 150 seeing solid performance.... Guessing the 150 pushes that hull 48-51, I assume....
    Last edited by MetsFan9; 09-23-2020 at 02:58 PM.

2. Member
    I have the 2075 so I can’t directly comment on the 1875. But I know everyone with 200 on that hull are extremely happy with it.

3. Member
    It is pretty darn popular with the 150.. Lower price..of course,...but top end isn't highest on the list for a lot of buyers of the 1875.
    I am getting older myself.....and suddenly I can relate to that. ;)
    It runs fine with the 150 (46-50 mph). Hole shot is good,too. Fuel economy is better with a 150 (of course).
    Last edited by T-Mac; 09-24-2020 at 09:53 AM.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Mac View Post
    In a word....Price.
    What's the price difference? $5,000?

5. Member
    I have a 200 on mine, if you’re going to do family stuff as well as fishing get the 200. The extra people in the boat make it a bit doggy getting on plane. Of course I never take my fishing gear out either.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcesni View Post
    What's the price difference? $5,000?
    All else equal ...."Apples to apples"... MSRP difference is a bit North of $4000.

7. Member
    When i bought my pontoon the difference between 150 and 200 was right at $4700.
    Semper Fi

8. Member
    My 1875 w/the 150 has a terrific holeshot even with a passenger,
    tackle, full of gas.
    I got out of a Bullet w/a 250, that had a great holeshot and would run 83.5 so speed isnt
    high on my priority list.
    Even w/a 200, speed was not going to improve enough to warrant me spending the extra money.
    The only place a 200 on this hull will help is when you have a load of passengers.
    For fishing the 150 is plenty, the rest you will have to decide. LDS
    Last edited by Great Scott; 10-08-2020 at 05:16 AM.
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

9. Member
    Yeah i wasnt sure the 200 would make a major difference. Family is growing, my 4 yr old son is a regular fishing partner now, and before long my twins who just turned 1 will be joining. Wasnt sure if the 150 would feel sluggish with a loaded boat. I really like the 2075 but prices are outta my comfort zone for that style rig. The 1875 though would be a great for family and fishing days. The 4500 difference in price would allow me to go with the ultrex and better electronics. Id be coming from a Triton 18xs with a 150, top end is mid 50s. So performance would be on par to my current rig i assume. Just hoping a far better ride in wind and rollers.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Yeah i wasnt sure the 200 would make a major difference. Family is growing, my 4 yr old son is a regular fishing partner now, and before long my twins who just turned 1 will be joining. Wasnt sure if the 150 would feel sluggish with a loaded boat. I really like the 2075 but prices are outta my comfort zone for that style rig. The 1875 though would be a great for family and fishing days. The 4500 difference in price would allow me to go with the ultrex and better electronics. Id be coming from a Triton 18xs with a 150, top end is mid 50s. So performance would be on par to my current rig i assume. Just hoping a far better ride in wind and rollers.
    Night and day difference in ride and rough water capability versus your current boat. You’ll try stupid stuff in this boat once you get used to it.

with a 200 optimax, 36 volt ultrex, (2) 12' talons and FULL of tackle and two guys my buddies runs right around 56-58 mph...he has seen 62 mph empty. his the 1875 Pro V Bass (non XS). really nice boat but its not a performance boat.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    Night and day difference in ride and rough water capability versus your current boat. You’ll try stupid stuff in this boat once you get used to it.
    I took a guy out in my pro-v that had only been in glass bass boats. I cut behind a big boat going 50 and he had a oh shoot moment when I stayed in it thinking we were gonna be toast. Boy was he surprised.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    with a 200 optimax, 36 volt ultrex, (2) 12' talons and FULL of tackle and two guys my buddies runs right around 56-58 mph...he has seen 62 mph empty. his the 1875 Pro V Bass (non XS). really nice boat but its not a performance boat.
    To me thats great performance. I need to crawl around an 1875 to see how much room is really in there. My only reservation is I am in a 18 foot Triton bass boat, and I worry even with the XS layout it will be tight with two adults and a kid, or multiple little kids. I have no doubt the 1875 will be day and night compared to my 18 ft bass boat in rough water and wakes especially.

14. Member
    To me thats great performance. I need to crawl around an 1875 to see how much room is really in there. My only reservation is I am in a 18 foot Triton bass boat, and I worry even with the XS layout it will be tight with two adults and a kid, or multiple little kids. I have no doubt the 1875 will be day and night compared to my 18 ft bass boat in rough water and wakes especially.
    They make a 2075. If it will fit in your storage space, it’s big enough for just about anything.

15. Member
    Agree, the professional fishermen/salesmen have convinced us that anything less than a 200hp and 70mph is slow and mostly for old crappie fishermen.

16. Member
    HP and speed is a bigger consideration if you travel a lot in a days fishing.
    Still spending an addition 5K to cut a few minutes off of travel time is a lot of money.
    Hole shot to me is the most important part of performance in a boat. A fast boat is something
    for self satisfaction, and something to tell others about. A necessity for me, NO. Sometimes
    I never leave the bay of launch. Your needs or wants may vary. LDS
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.

17. Banned
    I'd rather put a 150hp on it, and put the $ you save towards electronics
    a 200hp will not get you alot more speed. My Polarkraft was rated for a 150 in the model year I have. The next year, they boosted it to a 200hp limit. Guys with the 200 are stating 58 mph'ish, and I'm getting close to 52 with my Suzuki 140.

18. Member
    Great info guys, I know the Lund is the next boat, and I am not worried about top end, especially with little kids. More concerned about safety and comfort of the ride. Only hesitation with a 150 is with a full load "family" if it would feel sluggish. An more importantly if the 1875 is roomy enough for kids. But I am really the only one who can determine the latter, and will need to be in one to know. The 2075 is awesome, just not sure I wanna take on the extra 10k right now.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfish View Post
    Agree, the professional fishermen/salesmen have convinced us that anything less than a 200hp and 70mph is slow and mostly for old crappie fishermen.
    Yep the difference between 50 and 70 means nothing to me. I mean what does that really mean? For me it would only save me a minute or two at the most. Heck most of the time it is cold and I do not want to go very fast or it is so hot out I want to take the maximum amount of time on plane between point a and point b to cool off and get the bugs off of me.

Great info guys, I know the Lund is the next boat, and I am not worried about top end, especially with little kids. More concerned about safety and comfort of the ride. Only hesitation with a 150 is with a full load "family" if it would feel sluggish. An more importantly if the 1875 is roomy enough for kids. But I am really the only one who can determine the latter, and will need to be in one to know. The 2075 is awesome, just not sure I wanna take on the extra 10k right now.
    I can tell you on my buddies the "holeshot" is neck snapping...it isn't really holeshot either as its not a pad hull..you just mash the gas and it efortlessly gets up to 35 mph no dramatic bow rise or sluggish feeling like in a traditional glass bass boat...but if you did have a sluggish feeling a 4 blade or even 5 blade prop would surely solve those issues with the 150 HP.
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"