Thread: Dove Season

Dove Season

How is everyone doing with the doves this year? Didn't make it out opening weekend, but the last couple of weeks have been terrible. I've seen maybe a half dozen birds over that time, all out of range. For the NC guys in particular, anybody having any luck on public land? Jordan and Falls have been a big bust so far for me.

2. Member
    Unfortunately, I've not made it out, yet. They've been taunting me though. Some of the biggest flocks I've ever seen in Maryland were flying over a bean field across the street from the house a couple of weeks ago. I could've busted my limit, or attempted to , from my front stoop. Pretty sure the neighbors wouldn't have cared for that. Hope it picks up for you and me!

Pretty decent here. Got a bunch of dove hunters booked this year. I guess everybody wants out of the house and town.

Me and my boy got 12 on opening weekend, last year we had 30. I've noticed with the cooler weather, a bunch have moved in around my house. Might try to thin a few this weekend between the deer hunts. Indiana youth season starts Saturday.

Glad someone is finding a few at least. Not even seeing them around the building at work like I always have. From a couple of folks I talked to this morning, sounds like SC and further east here in NC have been decent. Private land though.