Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Customer Service.

I wanted to give a shout-out to Bass Cat. I ordered a boat in June (will be my first Bass Cat) and was quoted 8 weeks (2021 Cougar). My dealer really wanted my old boat to sell bc used boats are hot right now. I didn't need a boat until late Oct. so I let him sell it.

So end of August rolls around...no boat and no one can give me a date. Sept. is rolling along and still they have not started on the boat. I called my dealer to cancel the order and was going to buy another boat.

I then get a call a couple of days ago from s Bass Cat rep. (Jack). He said "I've been on the phone with Rick and he said you will have a 2021 Eyra waiting on you at Dale Hollow to use for the week until we get your new boat to you".

I was dumbfounded. That's like and 8 hour drive from the factory...one way! Needless to say I'm a big fan. I guess all of the good customer service stories about Bass Cat are not all hype.

I just wanted to give credit where credit is due and to say Thanks Bass Cat....amazing! Oh, yea, they're starting early Oct. on my boat.

Paul

Jack was instrumental in my purchase. He and I sat and chose colors,options. He treated me like family.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

3. Member
    Yes, Good guy!

4. Member
    Great gut and company.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PDR View Post
    I wanted to give a shout-out to Bass Cat. I ordered a boat in June (will be my first Bass Cat) and was quoted 8 weeks (2021 Cougar). My dealer really wanted my old boat to sell bc used boats are hot right now. I didn't need a boat until late Oct. so I let him sell it.

So end of August rolls around...no boat and no one can give me a date. Sept. is rolling along and still they have not started on the boat. I called my dealer to cancel the order and was going to buy another boat.

I then get a call a couple of days ago from s Bass Cat rep. (Jack). He said "I've been on the phone with Rick and he said you will have a 2021 Eyra waiting on you at Dale Hollow to use for the week until we get your new boat to you".

I was dumbfounded. That's like and 8 hour drive from the factory...one way! Needless to say I'm a big fan. I guess all of the good customer service stories about Bass Cat are not all hype.

I just wanted to give credit where credit is due and to say Thanks Bass Cat....amazing! Oh, yea, they're starting early Oct. on my boat.

Paul
    You don’t live that far from me. Been wanting to try an Eyra and Caracal out. I live in Grayson, Ky. I pass Hurricane twice a week as I’m working in Beckley. Whose your dealer?

6. Member
    Chris Malone in Ironton. If you want to come by and go for a ride (when I get it in) let me know. I'd be happy to take you.

7. Member
    BassCat has the best customer service in the industry

8. Member

That's great! I also worked with Jack, he really helped me on my color scheme and man... He's just a great guy to deal with. My order got a little long but it was worth the wait... That new cougar layout is pretty slick!
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
    X100

11. Member
    Only at BassCat!

That's nice they did that for you PDR ... but it is frustrating when you can't get any communication on a boat you ordered. I'm in the same predicament and I am getting close to buying something else. Customer service is great when there is proper communication. I can deal with delays but when no one speaks to you on what the delay is then its entirely something else

Everybody is swamped and out of inventory on just about everything outdoors/fishing. I can’t even find a decent spool of braid in the stores around here. Forget trying to buy your child a bike. It’s just crazy with this China virus right now.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

14. Member
    It’s not bass cats fault. Unfortunately they are the ones to blame for a boat not getting done in a reasonable time. But it’s the components that are the issue with everything on back order. If you decide to go buy another boat that unfortunate but I will stand by and say you won’t get near the quality of boat. But if you’re looking to get on the water with a new rig ASAP that is your decision. Bass Cat builds an amazing product. I will be ordering a 21 here soon. Projected a 12 week build. I understand the reasons and know that the wait is worth it for the quality you will receive.

Parts are definitely an issue today as well as other aspects from suppliers. We have been hampered recently by harnesses for engines and other similar parts we need. With any luck we will only delay anything a few weeks on receipt of parts we need. There’s enough visibility on parts we need that we’ve managed to keep rolling fairy well.

That’s all pending we keep the virus at a distance from our production staff. Think what a 14 day quarantine would do to a department. Which is why everything is all gummed up now.

BCB
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 09-27-2020 at 12:27 AM.

16. Member
    Well said Bass Cat... I work in the parts department of a large boat dealership. Certain motor parts from both Mercury and Yamaha are on back order up to 1 month. It's so bad we have other smaller dealerships calling us on a daily basis trying to buy parts from us. Also trolling motors and 9 to 12 inch fishfinders are also non existent. So it's not just motor parts.
    Brad Krone

Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Parts are definitely an issue today as well as other aspects from suppliers. We have been hampered recently by harnesses for engines and other similar parts we need. With any luck we will only delay anything a few weeks on receipt of parts we need. There’s enough visibility on parts we need that we’ve managed to keep rolling fairy well.

That’s all pending we keep the virus at a distance from our production staff. Think what a 14 day quarantine would do to a department. Which is why everything is all gummed up now.

BCB
    Allergies are bad right now. Every cough, sniffle or nose run get questioned now�� and false positives are a true thing right now also. So something could become nothing right now. Hope it doesn’t happen to you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by apdriver View Post
    Everybody is swamped and out of inventory on just about everything outdoors/fishing. I can’t even find a decent spool of braid in the stores around here. Forget trying to buy your child a bike. It’s just crazy with this China virus right now.
    Well dang! That makes me think my Spiderwire is like spun gold, lol! May not be everyone's definition of decent, but I've always kept plenty of it...

Seriously, all kidding aside. It's not "like new condition" and could use some cleaning up, but I've still got my son's bike in our storage from when he was a little younger.....probably around 10-12 years old when he rode it. If you want, I can send you a couple of pictures of it. If it looks like it may work for ya'll until things stabilize in the stores, you can have it. No charge. Would even be willing to meet over in the Rock to drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyra1 View Post
    Well dang! That makes me think my Spiderwire is like spun gold, lol! May not be everyone's definition of decent, but I've always kept plenty of it...

Seriously, all kidding aside. It's not "like new condition" and could use some cleaning up, but I've still got my son's bike in our storage from when he was a little younger.....probably around 10-12 years old when he rode it. If you want, I can send you a couple of pictures of it. If it looks like it may work for ya'll until things stabilize in the stores, you can have it. No charge. Would even be willing to meet over in the Rock to drop off.
    Thanks Eyra1, I appreciate the offer. My kids are grown now so no need for bikes anymore. Just making a comment about inventory right now. I did stop by Bass Pro the other day and they are starting to get their inventory back. Johnny has enough clout and buying power he’s probably the first. I know the mom and pop places are still having a hard time getting fishing supplies and are low on inventory.
    2013 BassCat Cougar
    Serial # 1B962763

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast