Thread: Sabre Trailer

Sabre Trailer

Looking for an Aluminum or Galvanized trailer with a swing/drop tongue for my Sabre. BCB Aluminum trailer is more than I want to spend. I would like to stay under $3000 if possible. Any recommendations?
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs

2. Member
    Chris, The Bass Cat aluminum is very nice. I have one on my Eyra and it is a nice upgrade. IF you do go the aftermarket route, since you are in Mississippi I would recommend looking at Sport Trail trailers. They are down near Waveland and build a beautiful aluminum trailer. I'm not sure about the $3000 mark but they are worth a look. When I had my Pantera Classic I was going to have him build me a totally decked out dual Axle with the fiberglass fenders from Basscat for $5500. However that was 6 years ago and I'm sure the price of aluminum has gone way up.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Thanks, I will give them a call. For some reason I thought they had went out of business.

Just called and was informed they no longer build bass boat trailers.
    Last edited by blublazer; 09-24-2020 at 09:17 AM. Reason: update
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs

4. Member
    I'm sorry for the bad information. The other custom aluminum manufacturer I was looking at was Ameritrail but they needed my boat in south Florida for a couple weeks and I wasn't really looking to pull it down there. Good luck sir. There are plenty of non custom aluminum trailers out there that have adjustable bunks and very basic features. I wanted something a little more custom than that. When bass cat came out with their option I upgraded my whole rig and got the aluminum trailer from them.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

I am strongly thinking about doing the same thing.
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs

6. Member
    For me it was a tough decision. I absolutely loved my Classic. It was still a great boat after 14 years of ownership. It was time for a new trailer, new carpet, new trolling motor, new electronics, and very close to time for a new motor. All of that was going to cost me north of 25,000 dollars so I had to weigh the cost of that along with what I could get for the boat as it was and how much a new one would cost me. I sold my Classic for $16,000 as it was and put it towards a Eyra/Demo model 2014 Eyra. Then in 2018 after a friend of mine bought his new PUMA with the Aluminum trailer option I was ready to move. So I bought a 2018 EYRA with the aluminum trailer option and several other upgrades. I'm very happy with this rig and the Aluminum trailer is one of the reasons.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

Does anyone out there know the price difference in the BCB steel trailer vs the aluminum trailer?
    Chris Smith
    2022 BC Bobcat
    150 ProXs