Thread: Oct. 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    God bless you and your family! Thank you for all that you've done!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Heck of a man you are. My pastor and his wife fostered twin babies that went back to parents after 6 months, they acted like they were OK ,but I think it hurt the wife real bad. I would not even hold them myself as I knew it was temporary deal, they thought it would lead to adoption but story was all twisted up, big mess.

3. Member
    Well done sir!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

4. Banned
    Many blessings to you and your family

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    it's something that I have thought about doing often,

I work for DJJ, thank you for all that you have done!
    Let me encourage you to do it! If you know friends that are foster families then start by offering respite care for them for a week/weekend/night break...it is a huge blessing for them and for the kiddo to know that someone else cares for them!!

To the OP...THANK YOU!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven H View Post
    Heck of a man you are. My pastor and his wife fostered twin babies that went back to parents after 6 months, they acted like they were OK ,but I think it hurt the wife real bad. I would not even hold them myself as I knew it was temporary deal, they thought it would lead to adoption but story was all twisted up, big mess.
    I don't even know them and I promise you it hurt them both and they likely think of the kids every day. Next time you get to hold a foster child, jump on the chance...even when you know it is temporary. You can handle the hurt a lot better than a child can handle not being loved. You'll never regret it! Don't hold back and pour your heart into the kiddo even if it's temporary, they need it.

7. Member
    As much admiration that has been bestowed upon you already, you are due more. I'm not going to hijack with our story, just know that I have been in your shoes, understand your tough decision, and thank you and your wife for the paths you've been able to positively change.
    2014 920/SHO

8. Member
    You have made the world a better place.

9. Smallmouth Junkie!
    That is awesome! God bless you and your family!
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

10. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Good on ya Herb.......You've done the work time to think of you and the missus !!

11. Member
    It takes special people to do what you and your wife have done for these kids. God bless you and your family.

Much respect for you. World could use more like you.

Quote Originally Posted by WPS456 View Post
    Let me encourage you to do it! If you know friends that are foster families then start by offering respite care for them for a week/weekend/night break...it is a huge blessing for them and for the kiddo to know that someone else cares for them!!
    This! Even a few hours on a weekend afternoon is awesome! I did respite for several families, sometimes had 6 or 7 boys to feed. Luckily I had a couple families that were qualified to take the DJJ boys to give us a break. We even took a few to FL. for a beach vacation, the looks on their faces when they first saw the Gulf was priceless! Foster care ain't for everyone, I'm kinda relieved we're done.

(606)305-1956

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Thank You and your family for devoting so many years of your life helping those who needed you folks in their lives.

You and your family have made a difference in people's lives and a difference in the world.

My wife was a teacher and still gets cards and letters from former students many thank her for her guidance among other things.

I worked hard my career made a good living and made a lot of money for companies I worked for. You don't get cards and letters when you retire and don't feel like you made much of a difference.

15. Member
    I just don't think I could do it. It's definitely a calling. You made a positive impact on your community.

16. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by local16 View Post
    You and your wife are some very special people. Thank you both tremendously..The world is a better place because of you two.
    this right here^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

18. Member
    +1 you done good.

19. Member
    Well done. Y'all are truly magnificent people who have done a very worthy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stindoor View Post
    Thank you for what you've done for those 155 over the years.

+100, good job sir
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast