Replacement trim motor for 1996 150MAGEFI

0G407375

I'm not a mechanic but I've followed the trim motor troubleshooting steps in my Mariner's service manual and my conclusion is that the trim motor is gone. The relays click and push out 12v (multitester) when the trim switches are pushed, but the trim motor does not turn on. Also, I jumped the trim motor directly off a battery and nothing.

Does anyone know the part number or have a link to the correct replacement trim motor? Does not need to be OEM. Also will I need a new gasket kit or anything else to complete this installation?

Thanks!
    Nitro Savage 896 - 150hp Mariner EFI - U​ltrex / Garmins

2. Member
    theres 2 diff ones need ta know if it has metal housing or plastic housing on electric mtr , likely gonna be metal on 96 model later ones are plastic , should look like its got a spacer under its about 2 in thick
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    metal housing for sure

don't remember seeing a spacer or not but the assembly looks just like the attached pic from the service manual

Capture.PNG

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Replace with Part# 8M0031551

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    +1
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    Thanks!

7. Member