Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Lynx is an impressive boat, I had the chance to fish a day out of one. I have owned 4 bass cats in the past 6 years. Sabre ftd, Caracal, Puma, now Eyra. Every boat has been new or like new. Every boat has had some type of small issue which I could rectify myself and other small things I could do in the garage on the weekends (easier than hauling to the dealer/ or letting the boat sit there). I have had things handled directly by Rick as well on one of those boats and will continue to buy Bass Cats because of it, and the way his factory staff has treated me. I'm surprised to hear of Sebastain having issues because I had seen a praise post both on getting that rig up there to him, and how he liked it... As for a lynx purchase in your future look and talk to your two most local dealers and see which one has the best support for both working on any boat, or a specific motor choice you are looking at.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

2. Member
    I’d been doing research for really a couple of years on brands, layouts, deck size, build quality, etc. I looked at every brand but honestly didn’t think about Bass cat until the last month or two. A few months back I made up my mind that I was going to get a Lynx. About two weeks ago I watched this YouTube video and got sick to my stomach. Then I talked to some Bass Cat owners and felt reassured. On Monday I picked it up. It’s a loaded 2020 I bought from a BCB team pro and I couldn’t be happier. It’s a ridiculously well built boat and has everything I wanted. Given, I just got it, and time will tell. I can tell you that I washed the hell out of it to see if the compartments leak and they are bone dry....all of them. The console doesn’t budge, I tested it, the carpet is perfectly bonded. This is a boat that has been put through the paces on a professional tour for a year and it’s pristine with 0 issues cosmetic or mechanical that I can tell and I’ve been through the thing from top to bottom and side to side. In all honesty, it sounds to me like the guy that posted all that needs to get his wrench and tighten things up. In all honesty I did have one issue...I had to get into my toolbox, get a screwdriver and tighten a loose screw on the console drain cover. I shoulda made a video.

3. Member
    I was sure you would like it! Enjoy, mike

4. Member
    I can honestly say I won’t own anything but basscat. I came from a skeeter Fx 21 and super impressed with the lynx. I love everything about my lynx. No regrets from me on my basscat lynx purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by brett87tex View Post
    I can honestly say I won’t own anything but basscat. I came from a skeeter Fx 21 and super impressed with the lynx. I love everything about my lynx. No regrets from me on my basscat lynx purchase.
    Its crazy going to look at other brands. Alot of others are nice but they sure are not built the same. I put eyes on alot of boats before this last one... I'm with you I won't own anything but a basscat either.

6. Member
    Got about 4 minutes into the video and stopped watching it. Guy came off as an asshat that was full of himself.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Its crazy going to look at other brands. Alot of others are nice but they sure are not built the same. I put eyes on alot of boats before this last one... I'm with you I won't own anything but a basscat either.
    Stoped by a dealer today that sells Basscats and Phoenix. He was sold out of Phoenix and had 1 Lynx left. Well I’m really wanting this small farm so I may get a smaller boat/Cheaper. Oh BTW he’s wanting to get rid of that Lynx. He said he had it prices for $85k and would like to get rid of it for $76k plus tax. Anyways I figured a I’d price a Caracal thinking it would be a lot cheaper than the Lynx, No! He said a Caracal would be $70k. Damn I think that’s high for a 19 foot boat. Well he priced me a Phoenix 919 for about $55k. That’s with both boats having a 225 mercury on them. Is there really a $15k price difference in those two boats?

8. Member
    $55,000 seems awfully low for a reasonably equipped Phoenix 919.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by printman71 View Post
    $55,000 seems awfully low for a reasonably equipped Phoenix 919.
    It was equipped pretty good. He said he could sell me I believe it was a 819? for $50k. Said it would have a 200 on it and wasn’t equipped as well like smaller graphs and so forth.

10. Member
    Triton is advertising a 19 footer with a 225 for $47k but it’s not equipped as good as the 919 and that doesn’t include freight and prep.

11. Member
    I have owned 6 large high end multi species boats from a major manufacturer over the past 18yrs. I changed how I fish and searched out a large stable bass boat. I looked at all the top vendors. And after test drives and extensive personal evaluations I choose a new Basscat. The fact Rick actually answers my salesforce's questions from me is a welcomed change. I haven't owned one yet but everyone I spoke with highly recommended a Basscat. Multiple owners included. The only problem is they are overburden with orders ... I just have heard the opposite about their customer service - everyone says thats the number one reason to buy a Basscat - quality and after the sale service...

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordel View Post
    It was equipped pretty good. He said he could sell me I believe it was a 819? for $50k. Said it would have a 200 on it and wasn’t equipped as well like smaller graphs and so forth.
    The Devil is in the details.... trailer tandem, brakes tandem, break away tongue, padded deck, no plastic trim, trailer grab pole & step, alloy wheels???? Sure the price is cheaper but what aren’t you getting from brand x at a reduced cost? What is piece of mind worth to you also? Lot’s of factors to contend with. Personally I’d rather pay a little more and know that Rick Pierce will stand by his product and take care of his customers, even if most of us are a PITA!
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

13. Member
    Quality trailer being built in house by BCB is an important fact for me. Had my share of outside companies building my trailer. MM builds the Phoenix trailer. Looks like as of 2021 model year, even Ranger is having EZ Loader else build their trailers for the glass boats.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Here's a thought. Why not tour the manufacturers facility before spending $50-$70k. I did, it's an Eye opener.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

Few things between the 919 and the Caracal come to mind for me. I looked at an 819 prior to buying my 2021 Eyra. (Had previously owned a sabre/ caracal/ puma). Those birds are long! On the trailer! I have squeezed all my boats into a 20x20 garage, some how the Eyra corners in there better than the other models even with the new 4s. I dont think I can fit any of the birds. The carpet and latches were nothing like a bass cat. The trailer was nice but again nothing like a bass cat trailer. The small things do add up and electronics can be a critical part of pricing. Other little odds and ends, bass cat has all lighted compartments, vinyl ester resins, all glass vacuum sealed hull and transom work... Watch some of the build videos on youtube it gets pretty impressive. Next time you get a direct comparison and your hands on both makes of boats, bring a small flash light, stick your head inside the boxes and look at the floor your standing on/ and top edges of the compartments and rub rails, you will see some obvious construction differences.

16. Member
    But is there still a $15k price difference? I hardly think so but I’m still not going to rule out a Bass Cat. I’ll wait till dealers get stalked back up and then I’ll start trying them out. I want to try out an Eyra also.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    If you watched the video you may have seen the comments afterwards. Basscat offered to address the issues. The owner declined the offer, Basscat then offered a new boat, owner declined saying he would keep his Nitro. His words, not mine.
    There's a moron born everyday!
    2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
    2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO SS Prop
    Lowrance Elite 7Ti in console
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI on BBT Bow Mount

Humminbird Helix 10 SI on a BalZout @ Console
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80 - 24V i-Pilot Link
    Transducer Shield Mount
    Custom step in place of center seat
    Trick Step

18. Member
    I can't answer about the new boats as I have a 98 Pll. I live on a fixed income and can't afford new. However, I do know that when I call BCB with a question or problem, I am treated as if I own the most expensive boat they make. They treat me like we're best buds. I really appreciate how Bass cat remains loyal to their customers just as I will remain loyal to them. They go above and beyond what they have to. It's really hard to believe how they help as they could just as easily say that boat is 22 years old and we can't help you. Thank you Bass cat for all the help you have given me.

I fish with quite a few college age guys just starting out, they have always been impressed with my Cats. On of the things I've always talked to them about is that the average BassCat owner keeps a boat for a while and the big plus with Cat is that you can still get parts and advice from BCB on the older boats. They don't need to buy new to find quality. My first BassCat was a used 2002 Jaguar, 10 years from now if I saw that boat for sale, I wouldn't hesitate to get it back because I know how well it's built and if I needed parts BCB would help me find them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12