Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lynx review You tube video removed

Was wondering why the video I posted was taken down? I went to you tube and it was taken down there also. Was a nerve stricken? I’m looking to spend anywhere up to $80k on a new bass boat.Maybe a BassCat isn’t for me if criticism is handled with silence. Was looking for honest answers. Wow!

2. Member
    I doubt little ole BCB has any influence over the 100+ billion dollar machine that is YouTube...

3. Member
    I would guess that the gentleman that posted it got the response he was looking for and removed it.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

4. Member
    That would be my guess also. I didn’t get to see the whole video. Was BCB going to replace the boat? Everything I saw was it had carpet peeling up in spots and some stickers messed up. I did see there was water in a back compartment. Didn’t see the whole thing.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    That would be my guess also. I didn’t get to see the whole video. Was BCB going to replace the boat? Everything I saw was it had carpet peeling up in spots and some stickers messed up. I did see there was water in a back compartment. Didn’t see the whole thing.
    I watched it on here last night. He had a few other issues as well. The console had some movement, the majority of his boxes were taking on some water, not sure what they're called but one of the things that holds one of the front box's open was broken, one of the hand rails was loose, he had some rust on the trailer and around the drain plug I believe. He was picky but for what you pay I think he has a right to be. It sounds like he was offered a replacement by bass cat. I think that goes above and beyond what most companies would do.

The video is aged and I personally commented on the video at that time, as noted in your previous post. There is action in place to rectify this as best we can under CoVid. We prefer that to have been sooner, though we have done everything we can.

The boat was bought early spring in Nashville, transported as an International purchase to Ontario. The local Canadian dealership could not get it in with the flurry of their own customers during the time frame requested. And we can not even travel into Canada ourselves under CoVid. We even had boots on the ground in Ontario, that were given a 24 hour notice to return to the USA, due to CoVid restrictions.

We have acted responsibly on this matter and are resolving it with the best action plan we can. Our intent and efforts have been engaged since day one to fix these minor issues for Sebastien.

Our Customer Service remains the core of our structure and both parties must be willing in this case, and certainly the understanding under CoVid must change expectations across borders. Boats are not the volumes vehicles are, robots don’t build them human hands do. We all know during the recent year we’ve gone from low single digit unemployment to a CoVid situation that changed things greatly.

The core values and ethics of Bass Cat remain as strong as they always have been and we remain committed to the consumer.

Thank you,

Rick

7. Member
    Thanks Rick.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordel View Post
    Was wondering why the video I posted was taken down? I went to you tube and it was taken down there also. Was a nerve stricken? I’m looking to spend anywhere up to $80k on a new bass boat.Maybe a BassCat isn’t for me if criticism is handled with silence. Was looking for honest answers. Wow!
    Maybe a BassCat isn't for you.
    There are two sides to every story and BassCat typically doesn't air customer issues on an open forum. They deal with them on a personal and professional manner. There have been several instances on here where they went above and beyond to solve problems that were not their responsibility.

I might add that the owner of this website will Not tolerate the bashing of Any brands.He Al Shields monitors this website frequently and removes posts such as the one last night.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

You have to make your own decision but I don’t think you’ll find better customer service than Bass Cat. Obviously with what we pay we expect everything to be perfect but that’s not always the case. Worst car I have ever owned was by far the most expensive I have ever owned. Dealer took care of us and I continued to be a customer for quite a few years.

I bought a new Eyra in December of 2016, my second Bass Cat. Previous one was a used 08 Sabre that looked like it came off the showroom floor. Both boats have had zero issues, my current Eyra has 280 hours on it and I’ve not had one single issue. I just waxed my Eyra again and every time I do it I’m amazed at the detail and the lines this boat has. I fish Conroe about 95% of the time and it’s a rough lake and my boat is still like new. Good luck in your decision.

11. Member
    Thanks for the Reply Rick. I appreciate the answers, feedback and Private Messages. Just trying to find a boat with great customer service.

12. Member
    Cordel - if you are trying to find a boat with great customer service and post-sale support and nothing else mattered - look no further than BCB. From inside the marine industry I can personally attest that there is no other company out there that goes to the lengths that Rick and his team at BCB go to in order to ensure owner satisfaction. Check the other brand's that you are considering on this forum as well as their own websites and you will not find the level of customer care that BCB provides. Add in the facts of superior gels and building materials, proven performance hulls and fit and finish that are akin to the luxury car industry and BCB knocks it out of the park.

Let me know if you need help picking your model and colors! Best regards.
    BCB Lynx
    Mercury 250 ProXs 4-Stroke

13. Member
    I watched the video and commented. What I didn't do was look at the date it was placed on YouTube.
    My comment to Sebastian was he needs to state that a replacement boat is in the works in the title. I also let him know if he had purchased any other brand boat, a replacement rig for those issues would probably not have happened.

No other brand offers the personal one on one customer service that BCB offers its customers. Example: Rick commenting on the thread.

Cordel, I have been a BCB customer for many years. If you had any doubts about BCB and its goal to give its customers a quality product, not just out the door, but continually thru the life of its products, this thread should remove those doubts.
    Go to any other brand and try to buy a windshield, decals, seats and other parts for a 20 year old boat. Not thru its dealer network. Directly online.

Hope to welcome you to the BCB family.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

14. Member
    I’m looking at other boats also but in the Bass Cat line I’m looking at the Eyra and Caracal. I like the speed of the Eyra but I like the Caracals front deck better with the Center Rod Storage. I’ll probably try them both out when I get time.

All of his concerns with the boat looked to me they could have been repaired in a couple of hours. His frustration, along with the Covid barriers just created a perfect storm, and made it a bigger deal than it was.

16. Member
    I’m looking at other boats also but in the Bass Cat line I’m looking at the Eyra and Caracal. I like the speed of the Eyra but I like the Caracals front deck better with the Center Rod Storage. I’ll probably try them both out when I get time.
    You really need to drive and fish out of one. The Lynx, Caracal and Eyra are very different boats. Specifically the Eyra. It will come down to what you really want out your rig and the type of fishing you do.
    John Crews fished out of an Eyra for years. Went to a Lynx in 2019 and back to the Eyra for 2020. He has a video explaining his decision.
    Hank Cherry still uses the Lynx.
    The Lynx and Caracal will drive and fish more alike, though will still have some differences.

Don
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

17. Member
    I don’t know about that as Nitros get plenty of bashing on here and nothing is closed ect. I can say that because I have one and I see it all the time. I don't get all butt hurt when people hate on them especially when I dump my bigger bag on the scales.

I am shopping for a new boat and BCBs are on the short list so I am glad I saw the video. Personally, I come on BBC because I want honest reviews and that means the good, the bad, and the ugly. People should be able to know about all the issues he had with a brand new boat of that “caliber”. Maybe it wouldn’t have seemed so bad if there weren’t so many major issues. Not all guys out there in this sport come from mega money and it looked like he lived in a very modest neighborhood. I’d be hot too after spending $80K with all those problems. You could tell how loyal he was to the brand and maybe some people on here should think how’d they would react if it were their brand new boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Steel View Post
    I might add that the owner of this website will Not tolerate the bashing of Any brands.He Al Shields monitors this website frequently and removes posts such as the one last night.

If you watched the video you may have seen the comments afterwards. Basscat offered to address the issues. The owner declined the offer, Basscat then offered a new boat, owner declined saying he would keep his Nitro. His words, not mine.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

19. Member
    There is always his side her side and then the truth I would have to believe basscat is willing to stand behind their product its why my next rig will be a cat 100% customer satisfaction

Maybe you may not want to be on this forum. We do not bash other's or products. Basscat is a high quality boat. I have had two and would buy a third in a heart beat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast