205 and Live Scope....

Where have some of you guys mounted your GLS10 box in your 205?

2. Member
    I mounted mine under the drivers console, works perfect there.

3. Dustin Ray
    I mounted mine in rod box on backside of drivers console. Easily accessible with led's visible

4. Member
    I was going to order livescope this winter and then with Humminbird coming out with theres I think im going to give them a shot first. Hopefully it pans out and isnt on backorder and I cant get it on and installed before next BFL season!
    2019 Falcon 215 Yamaha Sho 250, Lithiums, X2, Poles, Ultrex, Birds, Mega 360 & Livescope.

Previous-2017 Falcon 205 Evinrude G2 250HO, Lithiums, Poles, Ultrex, Birds and 360.

5. Member
    Piggybacking off this convo, I also picked up a Livescope setup recently (unit and black box). My question is, how do you guys have it wired? Did you run the black box to one of the accessory switches on the panel? This seems to be the easiest way to me. I added a 360 earlier in the year and did the same. Seems to be working fine. I believe there’s 10 ga from the panel to the battery so I wouldn’t be concerned with overloading those wires, even with everything running at one time. I’m no electrician by any means so I’m interested in your thoughts. Thanks!

6. Member
    So I have had LiveScope in 2 different boats now...my old Stratos 201xl and now a F205. I have ran my own 8ga wire from the back of the boat through my own cut off switch to a set of work blocks up front. I then ran power from the GLS10 box and the Garmin graph straight to those work blocks. The LiveScope unit (gls10) will pull a ton of amps...if you dont have the wire to carry those amps it will get warm/hot and draw more voltage hence giving you low voltage issues on most devices. Its a known issue with these units. I thought it was crazy to have to do it when I put in the 8ga...but it did fix the low voltage issues I was seeing. Since then I have went one step further and added a small lithium to run my LS and Mega 360.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scum_frog View Post
    I was going to order livescope this winter and then with Humminbird coming out with theres I think im going to give them a shot first. Hopefully it pans out and isnt on backorder and I cant get it on and installed before next BFL season!

Shoot me a text before you commit to that Hummingbird.