New generation Tatula CT?

What’s the difference in the 2020 version and the previous Tatula CT? Does the new model have a smaller frame?

2. Member
    I'm not real sure, but I just bought one from a guy for 80 bucks I will let u know when I get it.. should be Saturday
    07 tracker TX 190
    75 horse Mercury
    999 KVD, 859 , and 798 SI HD

3. Member
    Its the same reel as the previous CT with different cosmetics

4. Member
    Thanks

Same reel , newer style handle. I'm glad they kept it around.

6. Member
    I like the new handle much better than the previous models. Still an all around excellent reel

7. Member
    I haven’t had my hands on any of the new Tatula reels to see how the handles compare. I have a handful of the Fuego and Tatula CTs and I really like the handles on those models. I really like the knobs. Seem comfortable to me

8. Banned
    Looks like the dropped the 5-1 ratio model... Guess I need to order a couple while I can still get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    Looks like the dropped the 5-1 ratio model... Guess I need to order a couple while I can still get them.
    The Tackle Trap is going to offer a custom 5.5:1 ratio as soon as all the necessary parts arrive. That should happen in the next couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post
    The Tackle Trap is going to offer a custom 5.5:1 ratio as soon as all the necessary parts arrive. That should happen in the next couple of weeks.
    Can this be done on the Tatula Elite also ? would be very interested in one in that ratio

11. Member
    How does the Tatula Ct differ from the tatula 100?

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzefly View Post

Excellent news ! Thanks for the heads up , Gary.

13. Member
    Besides external physical differences, the 100 is lighter at 6.9 ounces, vs the CT's 7.2. The 100 has the Zero adjuster (sales gimmick). I own several of both, and see no functional difference. The CT can be had for $95-105 new on Ebay (older black and red model-2016). The best reel for the money, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    Can this be done on the Tatula Elite also ? would be very interested in one in that ratio
    Unfortunately not at this time. I've given Daiwa a little nudge on it though, the demand is definitely there, so we'll see what happens!

15. Member
    I've had OG tatulas, CTs, and a new 100 (as well as some SV.) I prefer the CT to the new 100. I like the CT knobs and the way it feels in my hand. I also think it looks better for what that's worth. The performance is about the same. The 100 is lighter however.

16. Member
    Looking at the new ones; seems they've scrapped the older style paddle knobs on handle for the style on the newer 100. They've also made them more spidery. ehhh....

17. Member
    Recently started fishing with my CT type R that's just been sitting on my rod rack. Absolutely love this reel. I can see myself buying several more of this 'new' generation if it's similar. Wish it had the same spool, I don't think it does.
    Last edited by Sarcazmo; 10-09-2020 at 09:48 PM.