Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Dave Smith Motors in Idaho. Call 'em up and fly commercial into Spokane. They'll come and pick you up and give you a screamin' deal.
    I flew to Omaha and picked one up in 2012. I needed to go to Iowa the next day anyway. So it was a win win.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Dont deal, just pay the sticker price. That way you know what you will spend going in.
    2022 Xpress H17 - Yamaha SHO 90

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stratos284 View Post
    Dont deal, just pay the sticker price. That way you know what you will spend going in.

Thats exactly what you did in 2015 when the Inferno TRD Pro came out. Dealers sold em at 10K over sticker out west. Raptors can be the same way.

My dealer did me a solid and had me there when the store opened and I was the first in line for a test drive. I drove it and bought it as I told five more guys I din't want them going for a test drive in that truck. I think they made 2000 of them between the quad and extended cab.

4. Member
    Find the fleet manager and deal with them.
    2017 Z18
    175 ProXS
    Dual Poles
    Ultrex
    2 Garmin 93SV+

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    We are lucky. I have a friend that is a sales manager at a big dealership. I call him and tell him what model I want, what color and when I want to pick it up. He shoots me a no BS price and its done. Between myself, my wife and 3 of my kids he has sold us 13-15 vehicles. Would no go anywhere else.
    That's how it should be, I worked in the business for 18 years, did finance for 14 years, find someone you trust and stay with them, I still have customers that call me about vehicles

6. Member
    Spotsylvania, Va. 22553. Near Frederi mm lcksburg, Va
    An alternative approach is to take someone with you who is good at negotiations! Hopefully a friend or family member that you know and trust.
    I've helped members of my family on several occasions and it's helped.

I do no negotiate, I tell what I will pay and if you come back with a counter offer, we are done. I do my homework in advance and have been the business over fifty years and have very good idea of what they can and can not do. I don't make make ridiculess offers
    Thank You Leon Pugh

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    We are lucky. I have a friend that is a sales manager at a big dealership. I call him and tell him what model I want, what color and when I want to pick it up. He shoots me a no BS price and its done. Between myself, my wife and 3 of my kids he has sold us 13-15 vehicles. Would no go anywhere else.
    Same here. Really good friend is the number one sale manager at the USA's number one Buick/GMC dealership. I call him, he gives me a good price and great trade. They sometimes deliver the truck and I don't have to step on the lot. The owner is also an old schoolmate.

Found a great salesman at the Cadillac dealership and when my wife wants another car we will call him.

Quote Originally Posted by RFSims View Post
    Same here. Really good friend is the number one sale manager at the USA's number one Buick/GMC dealership. I call him, he gives me a good price and great trade. They sometimes deliver the truck and I don't have to step on the lot. The owner is also an old schoolmate.

Found a great salesman at the Cadillac dealership and when my wife wants another car we will call him.
    I just bought a truck from them last month. Their internet price is usually about $3-5k cheaper than anyone else. The truck I bought was $13k off sticker. I had a very clean 2014 Sierra I traded. They came at me with $22k trade in. I turned it down. The salesman aske what it would take and I told him $25k he said done. That was the only back and forth we had. They are so easy to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by RipNLips View Post
    I just bought a truck from them last month. Their internet price is usually about $3-5k cheaper than anyone else. The truck I bought was $13k off sticker. I had a very clean 2014 Sierra I traded. They came at me with $22k trade in. I turned it down. The salesman aske what it would take and I told him $25k he said done. That was the only back and forth we had. They are so easy to deal with.
    What is the name of the GMC dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I flew to Omaha and picked one up in 2012. I needed to go to Iowa the next day anyway. So it was a win win.

Who did you buy from in Omaha

12. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Who did you buy from in Omaha
    Baxter. They picked me up at the airport and had taken it to be lineXed for me cheaper than I could get it done.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

13. Member
    As far as driving to another state, tree guy we use driving a new Chevy 2500 High Country, loaded. Told me he drove to Colorado to buy it vs here in Houston, saved him $10K and that included the plane ticket, drove it back and broke it in himself.

I am in a pd off 2014 Chevy, we traded in a traverse that tranny crapped out on at 48K ( covered under warranty) told them I needed 13 for trade, the only offered 10, by end of week they have me 12500 and I pd under 400 per month on that one, cheapest note I had in a long time. We bought that traverse over 3 emails, in and out 30 mins could have been less if guy had stopped trying to sell all the warranty, fabric protection etc. I told him mention one other upsell and we were done, wife thought I was being mean, but then she understood. Adjusted the printer paper 8-10x, wearing a big rolex, saw right thru his dum ass.

14. Member
    there’s one small dealer here that only has about 10-15 used cars on his lot at a time. His prices are always a few thousand lower than the big corporate/chain dealers and he usually drops the price a good amount below the sticker price too. My whole family has bought cars from that dealership back when the Current owners dad started the business. Might have to wait a bit for him to get the specific car you want in stock, but it’s worth the wait.

there’s a big corporate dealer here that I refuse to do business with. They had a Durango on their lot that had 5k miles less than their competition but asking the same price. Looked at the car fax and it had 3 recorded accidents but listed it as accident free. Me and the sales manager got into a pretty good argument when I called them out for false advertising. Then when he dropped the price 6k off sticker I told him we’d be back the next night so we could talk it over before making a commitment. Since I was 27 at the time, he accused me of being too poor to afford it and made a bunch of other accusations about our financial well-being since we were young and we’re trying to negotiate.

I’m a peasant compared to the general population on here... but I refuse to pay the price for a new vehicle and see no reason to. I’ll let the people who “need” a new vehicle take the initial depreciation hit.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345