Is N.C. going broke?

I just renewed my non-resident freshwater fishing license. Last year, it was $30. Today it is $45. Ouch!

got to pay for those M1 bass their going to stock in Norman....

2006 RANGER 519VX
    200HP MERCURY OPTI-MAX
    Sole member of " THE FISHERMEN FOR LIFE" a fisherman that knows one can make the difference!!

3. Banned
    Seen a few things that need some work at different boat ramps. I am sure their list is long and they will get to everything in due time but the $$$ is needed to accomplish all of it. Good luck with your fishing in NC there Lea.

4. Member
    So funny when I moved down from the north I was like hey im going to fish and hunt and get land etc...... I never even thought it would cost more down HERE to do these things than up north. I know lakes like Jordan and Falls etc are free ramps but alot of good lakes charge and if you try and go weekly that gets real expensive real fast....... BUT, wouldnt go back for nothing lol

well Virginia non resident is 47 so that is ouch too

Hydrilla research..
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

7. Banned
    They need money to pay for all the weedkiller to spray on lakes to make folks that DONT BUY FISHING LISCENSES happy...... god forbid your jet ski gets clogged up in a pond you have no business being in

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropdeadfred View Post
    They need money to pay for all the weedkiller to spray on lakes to make folks that DONT BUY FISHING LISCENSES happy...... god forbid your jet ski gets clogged up in a pond you have no business being in
    Amen to this x 10.......far as I’m concerned.....if the ncwrc gets 1 penny a year they’re overpaid.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lovetogofish View Post
    So funny when I moved down from the north I was like hey im going to fish and hunt and get land etc...... I never even thought it would cost more down HERE to do these things than up north. I know lakes like Jordan and Falls etc are free ramps but alot of good lakes charge and if you try and go weekly that gets real expensive real fast....... BUT, wouldnt go back for nothing lol

where did you move from?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    where did you move from?
    Dare I say NY lol.

11. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lovetogofish View Post
    Dare I say NY lol.
    Me, too, but I moved here (Va/N.C. line) 65 years ago...Lol!

I live on a creek off the Nottoway River near where it joins the Blackwater to form the Chowan...so I really do need the licenses from both states. I was just surprised it went up so much from years past.

They need to get rid of this snot grass that's taking over the NC lakes. Tuckertown, Badin, Cammack, Farmers, Mayo and a few more i cant recall.
    Kevin R. Brown
    2020 Bass Cat Cougar
    2020 250 Mercury Pro XS 4-Stroke
    Mega Live & Mega 360
    Ionic Lithum Batteries
    1999 Bass Cat Jaguar
    99 Mercury 250efi

Are you back fishing again Lea?
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

14. Member
    Don't forget about the dredging going on at Carolina Beaches we're also paying for when we buy/renew numbers for the boat that army corps is charging for.
    Rocket

15. Banned
    Get you a life time sportsman. Been hunting and fishing for free now for about 20 yrs now

16. Banned
    Youd think they could at least spring for a couple porta johns or a pit latrine.
    SOme really nice DNR boat ramps, nice dock, nice public fishing dock,,, no bathrooms, no porta john,, and no trashcans.. So you can imagine what the parking area and tree line looks and smells like.

Quote Originally Posted by 375VTROCKET View Post
    Don't forget about the dredging going on at Carolina Beaches we're also paying for when we buy/renew numbers for the boat that army corps is charging for.
    This is one thing that chaps my rear-end! What do I care about dredging there, I never put my boat in the water there and never will. It's criminal what happens in this state.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.