Susquehanna River at Goldsboro

Hey what’s up? I have a club tournament this weekend at Goldsboro and I have a glass boat. I know I can’t go north of the ramp there but is it generally safe to run headed south? Can’t find any topo maps or anything. If I have to stay on tm I will but it would be nice to cruise around. River levels seem to be around 3ft or so at Harrisburg for this week. Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    River is getting sketchy to move around up there , plus since some of the island residents aren’t there anymore the ledges aren’t marked like they used to. Topo map is useless there now silted in bad not like it used to be years ago. Be careful at the ramps also go to far in and tires will go off the end of ramp and frame will be on concrete.

3. Member
    I would idle out at a good ways before opening up. The upper end of the pool is full of grass right now and you can't even see the rocks in the grass. There are also some shallow shoals way out in front of the marina so you could be several hundred yards off the bank and still hit something with the water this low. Once you get below the marina you will find more deeper water. There could be some good fish along the west shoreline so you may not have to do a lot of running. If you run down toward the dam you will find a long stretch of shallow grass and other cover as the pool rounds into the "chute" in front of the dam itself. The water is low and clear but the temperature has dropped significantly so they should be starting to feed.

4. Member
    I would idle out at a good ways before opening up. The upper end of the pool is full of grass right now and you can't even see the rocks in the grass. There are also some shallow shoals way out in front of the marina so you could be several hundred yards off the bank and still hit something with the water this low. Once you get below the marina you will find more deeper water. There could be some good fish along the west shoreline so you may not have to do a lot of running. If you run down toward the dam you will find a long stretch of shallow grass and other cover as the pool rounds into the "chute" in front of the dam itself. The water is low and clear but the temperature has dropped significantly so they should be starting to feed.

5. Member
    Thanks for the advise. Safe trip. Ended up sucking at fishing though! Lol.

6. Member
    I guess you guys didn't know that tournaments are prohibited.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

7. Member
    We catch, weigh, release.