Learning Resources

I have a Thrift Saving Plan (TSP) at work but I just keep my hand off of it. I want to start playing in the market some, outside of TSP, now that the kids are grown and there is more money to play with plus I figure playing in the market will help me make some educated moves within TSP. I looked at the sticky at the top of the page and notice nothing has been added since 2016. Are these still good or is there something new a ROOKIE should study to have a better understanding of how to play in the market?

I am trying to reach full BBC potential where I can pay cash for a Bass Boat like everybody else on here :-)

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    They're still good except one that I deleted. The site became a paid site.

If there was one thing I wished I had known when I was a rookie was this: You don't have to pay for anything. Most if not everything that you need to know or will want to know is free except experience. Experience costs alot of money usually. But stay away from paid subscriptions, gurus sell services because they don't make the money trading. I have yet to run into a paid service that was worth it.

Ask your questions here. There are no stupid questions. And while we are just people on an internet forum, I think there is atleast one of us that posts regularly here, who is a finance person, not me. But I'm pretty confident that any answers, or suggestions posted here are with good intentions.

And make sure you understand margin and PDT rules.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post

If there was one thing I wished I had known when I was a rookie was this: You don't have to pay for anything. Most if not everything that you need to know or will want to know is free except experience. Experience costs alot of money usually. But stay away from paid subscriptions, gurus sell services because they don't make the money trading. I have yet to run into a paid service that was worth it.

Ask your questions here. There are no stupid questions. And while we are just people on an internet forum, I think there is atleast one of us that posts regularly here, who is a finance person, not me. But I'm pretty confident that any answers, or suggestions posted here are with good intentions.

This all day...
    1994 Ranger 492VS
    2004 Optimax 225 - 0T920364
    6" Hydro Dynamics Manual Jack Plate
    24p Fury 4
    24v 47" Lowrance Ghost / Lowrance HDS

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post

If there was one thing I wished I had known when I was a rookie was this: You don't have to pay for anything. Most if not everything that you need to know or will want to know is free except experience. Experience costs alot of money usually. But stay away from paid subscriptions, gurus sell services because they don't make the money trading. I have yet to run into a paid service that was worth it

Agree!