Thread: OTC traders

OTC traders

Please tell me I'm not the only one taking an absolute slaughtering so far this week

2. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Look into trading SPACs. I have been doing pretty well these last couple of weeks and I don't have to sit in front of a screen all day.
    Thanos was the hero

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Look into trading SPACs. I have been doing pretty well these last couple of weeks and I don't have to sit in front of a screen all day.
    How exactly does that work? I've heard a lot of buzz about them but haven't really looked into trading them too much

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    LPHM not pay?

5. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster96 View Post
    How exactly does that work? I've heard a lot of buzz about them but haven't really looked into trading them too much
    There's a reddit board that post alot about Spacs, and people on social media who posts about new listings, which is easier than searching SEC records. But basically, you find a spac with a management team that you like. In the prospectus it will outline the type of industry they are looking at as well as the details of the unit/warrant structure. Typically the Spac has 2 years to find a target. The Units get listed for about 50 days then split into common shares and warrants. I don't buy the units because Etrade charges to split the shares. I wait until they split to buy the commons and warrants. The commons have a floor on price, usually around 10 per share. Warrants are much cheaper, around $1, but can go to zero. Warrants give you a right to buy shares at a future date for $11.50, they are like options in a way.

There is usually a premium on the costs of Spacs with the better management teams. Typically the price will stay flat for a length of time until there are rumors. And usually a big pop once a target is confirmed. Things usually settle down for a bit while investors evaluate the value of the target. Then there is usually a run up into the merger date. The merger happens, the commons ticker symbol changes into the new company.

It's a good way for us little guys to get into a company in it's early stages, instead of the typical IPO where we are the last ones to get in. Unfortunately there are plenty of shady companies that are able to go public through this process, like NKLA. So there can be plenty of risk for long term holders if the company is a fraud.

So far I am finding little downside risk with the ones I have bought. I have made 100% on SHLL, 40% on IPOB, and up 15% on IPOC and SOAC who haven't announced a target yet.

Understand that I am new to these and I am sure there are risks that I am not aware of yet. Like I just learned the other day that Etrade would charge me to change my SHLL shares to HYLN.
    Thanos was the hero

This is interesting.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    There's a reddit board that post alot about Spacs, and people on social media who posts about new listings, which is easier than searching SEC records. But basically, you find a spac with a management team that you like. In the prospectus it will outline the type of industry they are looking at as well as the details of the unit/warrant structure. Typically the Spac has 2 years to find a target. The Units get listed for about 50 days then split into common shares and warrants. I don't buy the units because Etrade charges to split the shares. I wait until they split to buy the commons and warrants. The commons have a floor on price, usually around 10 per share. Warrants are much cheaper, around $1, but can go to zero. Warrants give you a right to buy shares at a future date for $11.50, they are like options in a way.

There is usually a premium on the costs of Spacs with the better management teams. Typically the price will stay flat for a length of time until there are rumors. And usually a big pop once a target is confirmed. Things usually settle down for a bit while investors evaluate the value of the target. Then there is usually a run up into the merger date. The merger happens, the commons ticker symbol changes into the new company.

It's a good way for us little guys to get into a company in it's early stages, instead of the typical IPO where we are the last ones to get in. Unfortunately there are plenty of shady companies that are able to go public through this process, like NKLA. So there can be plenty of risk for long term holders if the company is a fraud.

So far I am finding little downside risk with the ones I have bought. I have made 100% on SHLL, 40% on IPOB, and up 15% on IPOC and SOAC who haven't announced a target yet.

Understand that I am new to these and I am sure there are risks that I am not aware of yet. Like I just learned the other day that Etrade would charge me to change my SHLL shares to HYLN.
    Okay, that's cool. Sounds kind of like custodian plays. I'll definitely look into sounds like something right down my alley.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    LPHM not pay?
    Sold today for 360% so I definitely can't complain about that one

9. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Sold today for 360% so I definitely can't complain about that one
    ill be waiting on my Christmas bonus. Don’t be late

10. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Okay, that's cool. Sounds kind of like custodian plays. I'll definitely look into sounds like something right down my alley.
    thats exactly what it is.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    ill be waiting on my Christmas bonus. Don’t be late
    Of course it's up today after I sold