Thread: Masks in MO?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Masks in MO?

Alright, I'm considering going to the Charger/Champion tournament in a couple weeks. What's the mask situation in Kimberling/Branson West/etc.? Frankly we have barely been out of our house for the last 6 months so we want to have some semblance of normalcy if possible, so it would be nice to know what the atmosphere is like down there before I make any reservations.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

2. Member
    Branson has a mask ordinance, don't think KC or Branson west do. Covid is on a slight upswing in the area, but we have not been hard hit at this time.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

3. Member
    There is no statewide mask mandate in Missouri, but I believe Branson currently has a mask mandate. Cases are increasing much faster in the rural areas of the state.

4. Member
    No mask in Branson West or Kimberling City. You may just call Ulrich Marine to get the scoop on anything else.

http://ulrichmarine.com/
    2001 ChampioN 206 Yamaha 225

5. Member
    No one in Missouri wears a mask unless specified by a business, i.e.Walmart. I go to doctor offices, physical therapy, the dentist and no one requires a mask. If you are going onto a military base, you will need to wear a mask to enter. You can take it off once through the gate.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    No one in Missouri wears a mask unless specified by a business, i.e.Walmart. I go to doctor offices, physical therapy, the dentist and no one requires a mask. If you are going onto a military base, you will need to wear a mask to enter. You can take it off once through the gate.
    Where at in Missouri? In northern jefferson county, st louis county, and st louis city masks are being worn everywhere.

When we were in Branson in July, they did not have a mask mandate yet, but all the stores required it. Some were strict about the type of mask you could wear. No Buffs or bandanas, had to be an actual mask type. Springfield had a mask mandate at the time at all stores so if you stop at BassPro, you will need one.

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBoater View Post
    Where at in Missouri? In northern jefferson county, st louis county, and st louis city masks are being worn everywhere.
    Jefferson county is questionable. I see many people not doing it if they can get away with it. We had issues with parents not wanting to wear masks at football games. They finally told them if they didn't wear the masks, they were going to stop the game and make all parents leave before they would resume the game. They are already limited to 2 people per athlete.

9. Member
    Sounds like MO is on track with my local county. We don't have a mask mandate, but every biz I've been in still requires them and most everybody has one on.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    Jefferson county is questionable. I see many people not doing it if they can get away with it. We had issues with parents not wanting to wear masks at football games. They finally told them if they didn't wear the masks, they were going to stop the game and make all parents leave before they would resume the game. They are already limited to 2 people per athlete.
    I don't have kids in sports, but I could see that being a big problem at games. The places I visit often like the grocery store, tool store, hardware store, etc, most people have masks on, the ones that don't I let out a fake cough as I pass by them.

11. Banned
    Nothing Statewide but unless in small town almost every single business has it posted on the door requiring it.

12. Member
    I go to Branson just about every weekend pretty much any restaurant or shopping stores like at The Landing or Tanger you might as well wear one but I have not worn one in a gas station or at Harter House grocery store in Hollister and nothing has been said. One day we went into Red Lobster without one and we were not refused service but that's not to say we wouldn't have been refused the day after.

13. Member
    I haven't worn a mask this entire time, and won't wear one. I wear a buff for sun protection in summer...on my chin, it doesn't cover my nose or mouth. I prefer to stay away from the big cities anyways. Of course I'm coming from Colorado where I get plenty of dirty looks for going maskless, but nobody says anything to me. There's signs on every store here...I walk in anyways. But if my kids could actually go somewhere, even just grocery shopping, and not be forced to mask would be nice. It would be the first "family" vacation in a long time since we haven't been able to get out and do anything this year.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    I haven't worn a mask this entire time, and won't wear one. I wear a buff for sun protection in summer...on my chin, it doesn't cover my nose or mouth. I prefer to stay away from the big cities anyways. Of course I'm coming from Colorado where I get plenty of dirty looks for going maskless, but nobody says anything to me. There's signs on every store here...I walk in anyways. But if my kids could actually go somewhere, even just grocery shopping, and not be forced to mask would be nice. It would be the first "family" vacation in a long time since we haven't been able to get out and do anything this year.
    I think you are talking out both sides of your mouth, your first post says you have not been out of the house in 6 mos, and are asking what the mask situation looks like. Now you are saying you refuse to wear a mask. Wear a mask do your part to contain the spread and have fun, you are not giving up anything by wearing a mask.

15. Member
    Hear we go again on the mask business. I dont wear one, if you choose to wear one, great for you .
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

16. Member
    Just left Branson west. Restaurant we went to required them but some of the stores we had to run in did not.

Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

18. Member
    I have seen a few people from Missouri that needed a mask before the Chinese virus.
    Praying for a Cure

19. Member
    Then please don’t come to Missouri. It’s an airborne virus and a global pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post

20. Member
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast