Bilge and Livewell Pumps

Is it true that you have to pull the gas tank to change out the pumps in a new 21XRS or SDC ? That seems odd. Thank you for replies.

2. Member
    It's true but they are not that hard to get out.

Not bad at all..
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    It is not bad at all. If I can do it than anyone can. the other thing is I have owned 3 Bullets in the last 25 years. Bilge or live well pump has only went out on me one time. Now once whenever I had to change a transducer my bilge pumps had never been changed so I went ahead and changed while I was in there. Its really no big deal as long as you get most of the gas out.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

5. Member
    It's true, but hasn't been a big issue, tank comes out easy and I've only had to change mine one time in over 17 years.

Its a lot like dropping a $1 dollar bill in the out-house hole, throw an extra $20 in the hole, cause $1 isn't worth going in the hole after. Thats my way of saying when you have to replace one, replace them all while your in the hole...

6. Member
    In my 21SDC I was able to change all livewell pumps without removing the tank. Just had to slide it forward to change the fill pump & slide it backwards to change the recirc pumps. Bilge pump or transducer change would require tank removal though. They had not failed, just wanted a higher gph & a different brand.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

7. Member
    Okay, thanks guys. Guess if I end up having one built I will upgrade the pumps. Do yall know if Bullet offers the slam latches like come on an Allison, and also is the driver seat adjustable. I have tried to get in touch with them for a few days but can never catch Tom, I believe that was his name.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter35745 View Post
    Okay, thanks guys. Guess if I end up having one built I will upgrade the pumps. Do yall know if Bullet offers the slam latches like come on an Allison, and also is the driver seat adjustable. I have tried to get in touch with them for a few days but can never catch Tom, I believe that was his name.

$100 on NO! and another $100 on no idea what that is.

9. Member
    Yes it’s true and here’s the truth. It’s a crappy design that Bullet should have fixed years ago. Plain and simple.