Lithium’s and handling characteristics

So I had a win late last year and plunked the winnings down on 3 Amped Outdoors lithiums for the T/M. Extremely happy with them performance wise thus far. Anyway, I was able to put them all on one side (passenger) with a 70# AGM on the other side by itself. All told I took 174 pounds out if the back. So I’ve noticed recently that she’s a little “looser” in the back now and will slip sideways a occasionally depending on the turn/speed/trim etc for the conditions. Bow lift seems less as well (seems logical). Started to shift some tackle weight around but don’t want everything in back obviously. Figure I just gotta get used to the new balance over time but anybody else experienced this after switching? If so what if any adjustments did you try/make? The rear side slip has not been severe but it is definitely noticeable.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    I did, and i lost 5 mph or so because my bow lift is not as much. I adjusted the jack plarte, but still haven't gotten it back. not sure what to do. other than add another 160 lbs of concrete in the rear of the boat.
    2016 Ranger Z518
    Mercury 150 HP Fourstroke

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badMackrel View Post
    I did, and i lost 5 mph or so because my bow lift is not as much. I adjusted the jack plarte, but still haven't gotten it back. not sure what to do. other than add another 160 lbs of concrete in the rear of the boat.
    add some cup to prop might help? move stuff to rear of boat? add talons or poles?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    Are you running a 4 or 3 blade prop? 4 blades tend to have more stern lift, which you don’t need as much of now that you have way less weight at the rear of the boat.

either way, I’d probably try to move some of your heavier gear to the back storage of the boat. And if you aren’t already running a 3 blade prop, try one.

even my boat gets a little loose when I switch over to my 4 blade, but that’s when I over trim. Could also be you don’t need as much trim now, and/or you need to lower your JP a little.
    2022 Ranger z518 / 2022 Merc Pro XS 200 serial # 3B137559

5. Member
    25T1 3 blade.
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

6. Member
    I put them in my 520c and had to lower the motor and get my heavy tackle to the rear. The boat doesn’t need a lot of trim to gain speed so maybe over trimming compared to before. I had to play with mine till I got all the speed back. But I Figure it was worth it due to all the shallow water we fish.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

7. Member
    I have all lithium’s in my z520. I have plenty of bow lift. Even with a prop like a Fury with less trailing edge. Raker or Tempest plus, it’s super easy to overtrim. The back end doesn’t feel loose or slide out. I’m not sure if the hydraulic jackplate settings changed or not. Been a while.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

8. mikesxpress
    On face value removing weight from any boat sounds like a great idea. Especially from the stern. It doesn't actually work on some hulls like a Ranger that's designed to run with that weight back there. On my Z21 Intracoastal I pulled all 3 of my TM 80lb group 31 AGMs out in preparation for new ones and took it out for a test. I couldn't drive it at WOT trimmed out like that. It chine walked at 55 mph and was un-driveable any faster.