HDS 9 Gen 3 -- seeing my drop shot?

Hi guys. I have my HDS 9 Gen 3 at the front, and HDS Carbon 12 at driver. I have the HDS Gen 3 connected to the universal transducer in the MinnKotta Ultrex 112. I have ...the structure scan on the back of boat, and the two units connected.

When I'm drop shotting in 10 to 30 ft of water I really should be able to dial it in and see my line and bait right? No matter how I try to dial it in I just can't get it to work.

Should I be using a different transducer? Which do you recommend? And would I Mount that transducer on my Ultrex?

Quote Originally Posted by fishthenation View Post
    Hi guys. I have my HDS 9 Gen 3 at the front, and HDS Carbon 12 at driver. I have the HDS Gen 3 connected to the universal transducer in the MinnKotta Ultrex 112. I have ...the structure scan on the back of boat, and the two units connected.

When I'm drop shotting in 10 to 30 ft of water I really should be able to dial it in and see my line and bait right? No matter how I try to dial it in I just can't get it to work.

Should I be using a different transducer? Which do you recommend? And would I Mount that transducer on my Ultrex?
    using the internal ducer should be fine, go to the sonar installation and see what transducer is selected.Also make sure what source from thge screen menu
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

Ok. I will check sonar installation - what transducer should be selected? Also, I'm sure the source is the front, and not the structure scan.
    Last edited by fishthenation; 09-22-2020 at 06:41 PM.

4. Member
    Also very critical to drop directly down beneath the troller. Your sonar cone is very small especially in shallow water. If you are drifting at all, I’ve found that the bait will move out of the cone very quickly
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

5. Scraps
    I haven't yet perfected this yet either, but have watched some videos. Gotta play with your scroll and ping speeds too.

Here's a helpful thread.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=664733
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

6. Member
    As stated the cone is very small, boat handling is the key,along with having the transducer properly oriented. You have to be headed directly into any wind/current to have a good chance of keeping your bait in sight.
    Wash your hands and say your prayers, cause Jesus and germs are everywhere.

Hey guys. I checked which transducer was selected, and it was "unknown". Which one would I select for the Ultrex and HDs 9 gen 3? GENERIC 83/200?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by fishthenation; 09-22-2020 at 07:14 PM.

8. Member
    Yes, Generic 83/200
    2004TR-21X/2015 250 ProXS
    2B112175

Quote Originally Posted by NoCAL View Post
    Also very critical to drop directly down beneath the troller. Your sonar cone is very small especially in shallow water. If you are drifting at all, I’ve found that the bait will move out of the cone very quickly
    This..and sensitivity is going to have to be adjusted to see it well.