Last edited by OK_BassBum; 12-14-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Take it to Fun N Sun near Ft. Worth, TX or Diamond Sports at Lake Fork. Two incredible Skeeter dealers that will help you.

3. Member
    Last edited by OK_BassBum; 12-14-2020 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OK_BassBum View Post
    Ya know, fall at Lake Fork isn't bad. I just don't know if I have the money
    for Duplechain to guide me around for a couple of days. And then there is
    my wife! She still tracks covid. I had reservations in late march for the full moon of
    April for 10 days! Even had a new boat! but she asked me to stay home.
    I did write the dealers names down, Thanks!

Our COVID numbers are way, way down in Texas. It never got bad around Fork. Call Fred at Diamond Sports and tell him your issues. Great shop abd Fred is top notch.

5. Member
    Last edited by OK_BassBum; 12-14-2020 at 11:35 AM.

6. Member
    Well, they are going to try again. This time they are going to pick a new spot
    and grind/sand down the surface in the bilge. Since the GM and Srvc Mgr
    are off in Texas celebrating their success at a convention for some pontoon maker.

I talked with the mechanics and we came up with the above solution. I had the
    tech call skeeter and what I heard from the mechanic, they have not had that problem
    with 2d pucks. So there seems to be separation between boat and electronics in full
    swing.

So with faith as my guide, I pray for better results.
    And the satisfaction of knowing I'm just not throwing mechanics under the bus!
    If this doesn't work, my poor attitude will be unleased towards the owner of the
    shop and skeeter. My boat has been in the shop now 12 weeks from combined problems
    stemming from what I believe, a piss poor battery selection by BlackBeard and Skeeter.
    That 27 group battery just won't hang with todays boats with electronic video displays!
    Agreed on the battery selection. Not sure who in their right mind would pick a group 27 battery to run all of that.
    You need a big 31 AGM battery or a Lithium for all of that especially with the Solix units - they are thirsty beasts. You need AGM or Lithium so you can take the battery further down the charge, a lead acid will give up much earlier after a full day then you will be back to the same issue you had with the group 27.
    Glad they are trying a new spot and grinding it down to bare glass. I wish you success on this.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Well, they are going to try again. This time they are going to pick a new spot
    and grind/sand down the surface in the bilge. Since the GM and Srvc Mgr
    are off in Texas celebrating their success at a convention for some pontoon maker.

I talked with the mechanics and we came up with the above solution. I had the
    tech call skeeter and what I heard from the mechanic, they have not had that problem
    with 2d pucks. So there seems to be separation between boat and electronics in full
    swing.

So with faith as my guide, I pray for better results.
    And the satisfaction of knowing I'm just not throwing mechanics under the bus!
    If this doesn't work, my poor attitude will be unleased towards the owner of the
    shop and skeeter. My boat has been in the shop now 12 weeks from combined problems
    stemming from what I believe, a piss poor battery selection by BlackBeard and Skeeter.
    That 27 group battery just won't hang with todays boats with electronic video displays!

Skeeter doesn't supply batteries for dealer sold boats

8. Member
    Last edited by OK_BassBum; 12-14-2020 at 11:35 AM.

9. Member
    Where does Skeeter say that?

These sound like dealer issues. I would go somewhere else like Diamond Sports, Plano, or Fun n Sun.

If they still can't get the shoot-thru hull transducer to work, then your hull might have some dis-bonding in that area. I doubt the battery is the problem. All 4 of my batteries are group 34, and I have never killed one.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

11. Member
    Last edited by OK_BassBum; 12-14-2020 at 11:36 AM.