Thread: Padded Deck

Padded Deck

Has anyone put a padded deck on their Basscat? Having a padded deck is just about the only thing that my boat does not have that I wanted when I was looking for a new boat. I was thinking about replacing the front section of carpet and adding some padding to it. Thoughts?
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

2. Member
    My PII came with it, it is the first boat I've owned with it. I can honestly say I will never own a boat again without having front deck padding. I have a bad lower back and have had two surgeries and usually have a sore lower back after half a day of fishing, the padding has helped that greatly.
    Brad Krone

3. Member
    Watching this one. Does BassCat sell the padding and carpet just for the front section Have 2014 Puma. Thanks

4. Member
    You can contact Richard in the warranty department at BassCat. He can do it at his shop at home.

5. Member
    Added padding to front of my 04 Classic, made a big diff in comfort - especially kneeling to dig out baits. PM me email address, I will send pics of how it looks and how to tackle.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKz View Post
    Added padding to front of my 04 Classic, made a big diff in comfort - especially kneeling to dig out baits. PM me email address, I will send pics of how it looks and how to tackle.
    PM sent
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    2022 Silverado

7. Member
    I spent the last 4 weekends fishing up the in the Sturgeon Bay area in rough conditions, my legs, back and feet are killing me from the all the up and down in the waves and bracing myself while on the trolling motor. Most of my friends with newer boats have the padded deck and have all said how awesome it is. I don't think I even really noticed or thought about it when I got my cat even though that was one of things I wanted to make sure I had. I am kind of surprised it is a standard thing on cats.
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    2022 Silverado

Deterioration over time is the only reason it’s not standard on Bass Cat models. The padding will reduce the longevity of carpets appearance and we feel we have the best padding for carpet. It’s been good, tested very well, though it still wears sooner than straight carpeting.

We have had excellent success with the padding and it is a conversation here.

BCB

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    Deterioration over time is the only reason it’s not standard on Bass Cat models. The padding will reduce the longevity of carpets appearance and we feel we have the best padding for carpet. It’s been good, tested very well, though it still wears sooner than straight carpeting.

We have had excellent success with the padding and it is a conversation here.

BCB
    Is there a way that I could purchase just the front section of carpet sized to add padding or with the padding on it?
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    2022 Silverado

You buy it by the linear foot, 7 ft wide roll. Unfortunately the shipping costs has been mentioned as being a huge deterrent. My '14 Puma would only need a 2' piece. Maybe it could be rolled the other direction for shipping.

11. Member
    Email sent.