Question 2007 225 ProXS - Port Side Fuel Rail Question

All,

I recently purchased a new-to-me 2007 Triton 21X2 with a 2007 225 ProXS. As I’m going through everything and getting it cleaned to my OCD standards, I noticed that the port side fuel rail cooling passage has been bypassed either by the previous owner or a previous tech. (By rights, I missed this during my pre-purchase inspection.)

Does anyone know “why” this would have been done? I ran 5psi of air through it with no issue, so as far as I can tell the passage is free and clear of any obstructions.

Although this seems obvious, I’m thinking that I likely do need to get it plumbed back up correctly. Anything I should check/verify before doing so?

Motor SN: 1B446758

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy H.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    No that's normal for the Optimax. No worries.

IIRC it's more of a Fed Emissions thing than anything else.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

3. Member
    No that's normal for the Optimax. No worries.

I forget at which (horsepower) point they bypassed it but yeah, it's normal on I know 200 HP and up. (Maybe a little lower?)

IIRC it's more of a Fed Emissions thing than anything else.
    Later,

Dixie Chicken

4. Member
    Ten-Four. Thanks much, Dixie Chicken. I was fairly certain the 250’s did not as you mentioned, but wanted to verify since the 225 service manual showed the rail being connected. Can definitely understand the emission regs.

Thanks again.

Jeremy H.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Specific to the serial/model.

In general- 225/250 ProXS models (as well as the 225/250/300XS Racing) built after July 1, 2006 will NOT have water running through the port side fuel rail.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thank you for confirming, much appreciated!