Help with Garmin Force install

GUID-648DCAE0-FE7B-4317-8FE9-51F0C7F06B75-high.jpg

Helping my partner install a new Garmin Force. Got the mount bolted to the hull, and prepared to mount trolling motor to the mount. Unit is secured by two cross-shafts locking motor to the mount, with plastic bushings inserted first into the pre-drilled holes (see red circle). Problem is the bushings will not fit the holes. Too big, no matter how much we compress them. The stainless shafts just fit in the holes, with absolutely no space for bushings, even if we could get them inserted. Called Garmin and they had not had this problem before. Sending new bushings, which they confirmed are 14mm and 16mm. I don't think that is the issue.

If anybody is installing a Garmin Force right now, could you get a micrometer measurement of the holes in the housing (circled) or the mount? I am betting they were drilled too small.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Just installed mine no problem. At first I thought the bushings wouldn't fit but I had the wrong ones I the wrong place. Which ones won't fit the larger or the smaller ones.

3. Member
    The lower bushings are installed from the inside out. Not sure if that would make a difference in how the pin fits or not though.

Post some pictures of what you have.

Check the Garmin install video below.

Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    Just installed mine no problem. At first I thought the bushings wouldn't fit but I had the wrong ones I the wrong place. Which ones won't fit the larger or the smaller ones.
    There are two larger ones and two smaller ones. Neither fit in their respective holes.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at your own stupidity, and pay attention to details.

We were trying to put the bushings in the MOUNT, and they go in the Motor HOUSING.
    Last edited by eyra_kid; 09-23-2020 at 01:15 PM.