Verado 300 - extra fuel filter?

Hi all,

Have any of you installed an extra fuel filter like the Mercury High Capacity Fuel Filter in front of your Verado's?

I remember Don advising against it on the Opti's, but how about the Verado's?
    Thanks

/Martin

Askeladden 635 Freestyle
    Mercury Verado 300

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Depends on WHAT Verado we are discussing (specifically). Later Verado models REQUIRE an external filter. If you want to add an external filter on an earlier Verado, the filter inside the cowling should be removed and replaced with a straight-bypass connection.

Engine Serial Number is the determining factor on which way the engine came (originally).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Thanks for the answer Don.

How about a 300 Verado 1B717200?
    Thanks

/Martin

Askeladden 635 Freestyle
    Mercury Verado 300

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You would have to bypass the engine-mounted filter (and replace with the 8M0114618 filter Kit, as an example).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor