Falling, muddy water

We fished a club tournament on Eufaula this weekend and stayed at a motel in Eufaula. The Georgia TBF championship was being held at the same time.

One of the competitors was in the motel room next to mine. I asked him how his day went Saturday and he told me he only weighed in two fish for about four pounds. He complained, "We have high muddy water. Now they are dropping it fast. You can't run very well for all the garbage running down the river from the storm. Now the weather report says it going to blow 25 mph tomorrow. The only thing that could make this worse if if it were a blueback herring lake."
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

2. Dogfish_Jones
    It's tough with rapid falling water, those fish will pull back off points and head back to the main section of the lake. At best you might can catch a few at a mouth of a creek. Most will already be suspended, which makes it even tougher.

3. Member
    You can find clearer water and better conditions down lake, but with 25 MPH winds, it can get very rough, too rough for a bass boat. I would try to find some clearer moving water coming in the backs of some smaller creeks.

We had our tournament yesterday and I had 11.6 pounds. I caught them all on a DT6. I found a spot in a creek, not too far off the main lake, where the creek channel made a tight bend. I caught four keepers in that spot in about fifteen minutes. I came back to it after letting it sit a bit. I caught the fifth on and lost one about three pounds at the boat.

It looked like a lot of the TBF guys ran to the lower lake.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight