Thread: ABOUT HOW MUCH

ABOUT HOW MUCH

THINKING ABOUT THE FIBERGLASS FENDER FOR MY 2018 A18, HOW MUCH THEY COST??????

well you'll have a few options. Had to purchase a new one for my 2019 due to an encounter with a rock. It was around $800. U can order just the fender with no pads, or you can order a dressed fender.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

3. Member
    It’s pricey. I personally don’t like glass fenders. I wish I could have that option on my z21
    Nitro z21

4. Member
    My dealer advised me to get steel fenders. He said they have replaced more than a few expensive fiberglass fenders that were destroyed by a flat tire. Steel fenders might bend a little but you can just bend them back.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by C0MRAD View Post
    My dealer advised me to get steel fenders. He said they have replaced more than a few expensive fiberglass fenders that were destroyed by a flat tire. Steel fenders might bend a little but you can just bend them back.
    Steel fenders can damage a boat if you run over them. I suppose it is possible with glass tenders too but I know from personal experience it's less likely.

the op and the Jason g should switch and throw in 500$ to boot.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Love my fiberglass fenders, well worth the cost. I would definitely call the Service Center and get a quote from them.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

As much as I launch and load. I don't think I could keep my boat off the steel fenders 100% of the time. I prefer fiberglass.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I damaged the edge of my hull for the 2nd time this weekend. It just takes a split second of "oops, I'm not quite lined up right" with the trailer in a little to far, and that's all it takes.

Makes me sick. I'm going with fiberglass fenders next time....
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    I damaged the edge of my hull for the 2nd time this weekend. It just takes a split second of "oops, I'm not quite lined up right" with the trailer in a little to far, and that's all it takes.

Makes me sick. I'm going with fiberglass fenders next time....
    What actually does the damage? Is it the diamond plate? I'm wondering if replacing the diamond plate with SeaDek or something similar would be a smart idea.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

When I damaged mine last year from a piece of retread in the road I ran over they told me it would be almost $900 to replace it. I fixed it myself for about $50 with a kit from Pep Boys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 1stindoor; 09-22-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

The diamond plate will chew at the glass on the corners, but so will the corner of the fender.

I had a 1998 boat not a bass boat but the prior owner ran over the fenders a lot they were glass but they had a sharp angle on the inside edge, this made it very rigid and it damaged the hull. No diamond plate to speak of.

if you can imagine carpet that comes up the inside on the wheel well and then up on top of the fender I couldn't imagine it possible to hurt a boat. So if you could get the sea deck to come over the corner that would be awesome
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

What actually does the damage? Is it the diamond plate? I'm wondering if replacing the diamond plate with SeaDek or something similar would be a smart idea.
    I believe so... It's a horrible crunching sound as it makes contact... You would think with all of my years of experience, I would learn my lesson. But loading with waves on the ramp or the depth of the trailer can be a factor as well...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

Waves and wind i don't think anyone is perfect. The fiber glass fenders have carpet that comes up a good ways. In my opinion less of a chance damaging your hull over steel fender.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team