Best Adhesive Remover I have found!

I'm posting for Firecap, I posted this in another thread and when I tried to find using the search engine on this site it would not show up. Anyway I had been using the 3M Adhesive remover for close to 30 years but the cost got ridiculous. $30 a can for a can with a spout delivery system, you had to wet a rag and hold it on the old adhesive to get it to work. Also the amount of time it took to soften seemed to be getting longer. Well I bought a bottle of Auto Tech's to try. The spray pump atomizes the product very well so less is used, the formula seems to work softening old adhesive in half the time reducing the amount used per job, and the cost is half. I use a plastic razor blade to scrape off the softened adhesive, it works quite well. Wet the adhesive then allow it time to work before scraping. You will get the timing down quickly.

Auto Tech Adhesive Remover.jpg

2. Member
    Where did you get it? Thanks for the tip
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    I buy it from a Automotive Refinish Supply shop in MS. You may find a website of the manufacturer that lists outlets. I have not looked for one.

4. Member
    Ok thanks. Amazon had one listing for $80 plus $18 shipping!
    2005 Ranger 520DVX w/ 225 Yamaha SHO

5. Member
    I'm paying less than $20. It's on the shelf at the supply house. Try calling the body shop supply houses in your area. I do have a business account with my supplier, retail may be more but not $80.

6. Member
    I have tried so many of these decal removers, and have been disappointed by most, but this 3M Adhesive eraser wheel was by far the best, and fastest for me. It's not cheap, but for someone with little time, and much less patience, like myself, I was very happy with the speed of taking off some very large motor cowling decals, baked on and faded from the hot sun since 1989, the 3M spray would be my second choice, it worked ok for smaller decals, but time consuming.
    Last edited by Beantown; 09-21-2020 at 08:50 PM.

If you’re referring to the small eraser wheel that will go in a drill...yes is works good. Just remember, it will get to hot quickly and turn the gel dark especially the finish on an engine cowl.

Rojo ... thanks for posting. I’ve seen that product but haven’t tried it.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    ... small eraser wheel that will go in a drill... it will get to hot quickly and turn the gel dark especially the finish on an engine cowl.
    Appreciate the tip crank!

9. Member
    I tried everything.... I thought. Note taken and thanks for the great tip! I'd have tried this stuff if I'd only known. 17 year old decals on bake dried paint on aluminum was a tough ticket. The only thing that worked was a heat gun, a razor blade, and a steady hand. Eraser wheel just made a mess...same for chemicals, etc.