Perspective Mount option

Hi guys, Just installed a new LVS32 Livescope , as you can tell by the photo i finished in the evening.
    Because i run a minnkota Ulterra, i mounted the ducer on the barrel of the TM in perspective orientation. I really do not want a secondary mount i have to raise and lower in the boat.

i have never seen anyone install it like this.. Any reason it wont work? Opinions?

Screenshot_20200921-155402_Messenger.jpg

2. Member
    Mine was mounted by the marine electronics shop on the shaft of the trolling motor. They said it was mounted there to prevent "interference" from the motor. Try it and see what happens if that is where it works best for you.

Should work but very vulnerable to hurting it in shallow water.

it isn't aimed correctly. Needs one click
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Member
    Middle element should be pointing directly forward. You will have perspective view only (if you loaded software) and not regular Livescope view. Depending on your style of fishing I wouldn't think you would want perspective view all the time. I use regular view Livescope about 99.8 % and perspective view the rest of the time. Also you are asking for damage if you fish shallow water with rocks or timber.

Retired grass grower

ROCK CHALK

Kind of a moot point as you prob will try perspective a time or two and then never use it again.

6. Member
    Mine works great. I use it in water 10 feet or less.

7. Member
    thanks for the reply's. Sorry i have a terova ipilot so unable to mount on shaft. Will test this weekend but my whole point was i wanted perspective view.
    Understood re- rocks and trees but we mainly do not get that shallow.
    Ring fry, good tip regarding middle element will surely adjust accordingly.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Kind of a moot point as you prob will try perspective a time or two and then never use it again.

^^^^^

Yep. Use it a little to see structure but always switch back to play with fish. If you're not using it in the regular position in regular view you're missing out.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromanoski View Post
    Mine works great. I use it in water 10 feet or less.
    I am looking to buy LS because of perspective mode. The average depth on my lake is 8 to 10 ft, 15 at deepest creek channel. Not much structure other than docks and cypress trees. So how well does perspective and forward mode work in that shallow water? Pretty much a crappie man, bass fish alittle. Thanks for any info.

10. Member
    It should work well for you. Every technology has its advantages and disadvantages. Real time, wide view and knowing with some precision where the fish are are the advantages. From my use I would say it is most useful 0-15 ft deep out to a range of 50 ft. That looks right down your alley. For me the disadvantages limit its usefullness. Right now I am bass fishing and they may be 10 ft deep and a five seconds later at 40 or 60 ft. That pretty much rules out Perspective mode. They disappear. Right now I'm able to run LVS Forward and LVS Perspective at the same time so when this happens I just look at a different screen. But it takes two complete setups to do this. In my situation. if I had to use only one of them, it would have to be LVS Forward.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Member
    Thanks LWINCHESTER2 for the info. It's the 'real time' part that has me so intrigued !