So I got back from camping at lake icara And with the wind and being a little tired I decided to fish from the bank at a small public park (no boat ramp) about 12min from my house. This place has few nice bass in it but it can be tough as well. I got there at 2:30ish and started with a chatter bait black & blue, no luck. Tried a chartreuse spinner bait with lime green painted blades double willow. I got few small fish to bump it but no hook ups. I saw couple small bass sharking on the bank, interesting I thought. I moved around pretty quick from spot to spot. Finally I hit some spotts where their Where some fallen trees along the bank with a 3/8oz t-rig crawl style bait and bang 2.62lb. Moved to next spot were I could cast from the bank to the other side there was another tree and got bit again with a 2lb. I kept on that pattern for the next few hr and was getting fish pretty good. Nothing really big but so much fun.... The water was dirty and very low at this pond if we don’t get rain before the ice I think it will be hard on this pond because it is not very deep.
Look like some nice weather this week, I’m hoping to get out Friday night or Saturday morning for my next outing! I think the bass have really started to move shallow and are in the fall Pattern I think they know what is coming just around the corner in Iowa :-( Lol