Thoughts and questions about 21XRD

Put my new to me 21XRD in the water for first time since my test drive before buying. Let me start by saying that I'm a certified yamaha master technician. Left the marine service industry after being in it for 14 years a couple years ago. I ran lots of different brands of boats during that time for diagnostic purposes. The lake was fairly rough today and this boat absolutely impressed me. Only got sprayed with water once and that was due to very strong cross wind. I can tell that with more seat time I'm really going to fall in love with this thing. While out I realized that I am going to have to install a new transducer in the hull. If you guys have any tips for this job I would appreciate them. Looking at it it looks like I need to move fuel tank to access bilge enough to epoxy in a new one.

2. Member
    Get 2 straps and take the gas tank aluminum hold down off and run the screws thru the cloth straps back into the tank. I use old straps off of life jackets. Make sure tank is empty and disconnect the 2 hoses and wires for sender and lift right up and out.

3. Member
    I miss my 21 XRD. The fuel tank comes out a lot easier in the winter as in the summer it tends to swell even when empty.
    2022 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2022 Mercury 225 4s 3B133405

4. Member
    Thanks guys. Probably gonna tackle it this week.

I just got thru doin mine. It’s easy, just take your time. I used lowrance epoxy and cleaned up some wiring while I was in there

6. Member
    Put in a spare ducer , coil up the wire under the drivers side tray under the seat it's there when you need it.
    ​BULLET 21XRS 250 SHO