2003 Stratos 201 Pro XL Prop Issue

2003 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    2003 Evinrude 225 HO
    6" Slidemaster manual
    3 1/4" prop to pad
    Solas 3 blade 15 1/8 x 26

Just picked this boat up. Had my 2 young boys with me and 1/2 tank of fuel. Not much else as far as equipment goes, just wanted to take the boat out for the first time to see how it ran. Started fine, idled fine. Jumped up on plane real well. Was running about 1/2 to 3/4 throttle and pushed the pedal down and the rpm's went way up like somebody pulled it out of gear and boat fell on it's nose. Now just as its trying to get on plane, the rpm's go way up and boat doesn't go anywhere. Is it possible that I spun the prop hub when I pushed down on the throttle or is the prop just cavitating? Also, went to pull prop off and seems like it is stuck on the shaft. I'm sorry if I sound like I don't have a clue but just not sure where to begin. Thanks in advance for any help. Steve

Sounds like you spun the hub. Might be time to look for a prop pro. Do your research.

3. Member
    Thank you. Pulled the prop tonight and definitely spun the hub. Hub was a melted mess on the inside. Can they press a new hub into the prop and if so which hub would you recommend?
    Thanks

That engine might require the new TBX Raker II, due to high exhaust temps, I don't have that knowledge right offhand. Look it up on the net.

5. Member
    Melted hubs. Lots of reading if you search. There is some mods to get more water for cooling hub. Check shaft seals.