Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 2020 TXW 175 Tournament edition - Cooler won't drain

The drain on the cooler doesn't work properly and makes me have to dry it with towels. The dealer is far away so I am hoping there might be an easy fix.

Inside the drain there is what looks like the head of a bolt and I'm unsure if it's supposed to be there or if something fell in and caused the blockage. I have tried to move the blockage (if that's what it is), but it doesn't budge.

Here is a picture of the drain, any ideas?20200920_102439.jpg

2. Member
    Don't think thats suppose to be there. Try a good shop vac on it.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

3. Member
    My 190 is the same way. It drains but very slowly. I have to take a piece of wire and keep it clean or it wont drain.
    2020 Tracker PT 190
    Mercury Pro XS 115
    X7 Spitfire prop

4. Member
    Put the hose to it on the other end and see if you can flush it out.

5. Member
    A extendable magnet might work
    whatroads - A pun on the "information super highway"
    Tracker 190 TX
    90 hp Merc
    Fortrex 80 w/ 52" shaft

6. Member
    Well. . . the saga continues. Anglers Anaheim, the dealer where I bought the boat, is totally stumped. They've had everyone in their shop look at mine and others on the showroom floor and none of them have any idea how this thing is supposed to drain. They have involved Tracker now and we are waiting to hear back. Once the mystery is solved I'll update the thread.

Thanks for the help, I tried back-flushing from the aft discharge, while water enters the livewell - no water at all enters the cooler. I tried applying some hot glue and a guitar string onto it this piece and pulled but it didn't budge, I also tried my shopvac and that also failed.
    2020 Tracker 175 TXW Tournament Edition w/75hp

7. Member
    If it drains into the bildge, it might be blocked by flotation foam.

8. Member
    A slightly off center/angled pic if you can.
    Mike

9. Member

10. Member
    Will it unscrew? Try a ***** punch near edge and see if it's threaded in.

If it holds still, drill it and install a screw to try and pull it.

Last resort, use a razor knife and cut the plastic down. Would work better as a drain that way.

It definitely doesn't belong in there.

Anyway, just a few ideas.....GL
    Mike

11. Member
    I am probably completely wrong, but when I was looking at a 190 recently it appeared that drain just goes into the bilge and your looking at the top of a brace / bottom of the hull, I would put a magnet in the hole and see if you can get something to stick on the bottom of the hull before drilling anymore. That cooler sits real low, yours might just be a hair lower than normal and the fitting is bottomed out.

12. Member
    Well this took way longer than it should have, getting answers from Tracker is like waiting for tectonic plates to move. The metal visible from the drain is part of the hull, and should not be drilled, water from the cooler ends up in the bilge. Certainly the lazy and cheap way to do things, but after all I didn't spend $80k on a Ranger. I totally flooded the cooler and waited for it to drain, and it did drain, albeit slowly. Eventually there was enough water in the bilge and when I hit the pump it evacuated the water no problem. Again not ideal, but I will definitely use Blu-Ice instead of ice cubes just to limit the funk that ends up in my bilge from drinks, spilled coffee, pieces of paper, etc. Thank you all for helping me down this rabbit hole.

13. Member
    1. The “cooler” is an aluminum box with a lid.
    2. No insulation whatsoever.
    3. The “drain” is the end piece from a bilge connector like you see on the back of your transom.
    4. Design for very shoddy and leaves a quarter inch of water in the bottom.
    5. This is a hotbed for mold and mildew and a smelly boat!
    6. I like my little 175 txw but this should be dry storage OR an insulated ice chest and not an aluminum box to hold stagnant water.
    7. It’s half assed all the way around.
    8. Why doesn’t Tracker address this and make a retro fit kit to address the issue?

14. Member
    I wonder if one could install 1/2" foam in the cooler to help it hold ice or whatever. It's small, but just an idea.

15. Member
    I've never understood the "built in cooler" in any boat... they should include a removable cooler and the storage box in the boat should be sized perfect for said removable/portable cooler.

Something portable would be so much more convenient to load up before a day on the water and empty remaining contents into the fridge when finished.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

Any kind of item with a built in drain should have an immediate flush down to the bilge area. If you have any kind of stoppage keeping the water from getting out quickly then either have a hard clog like floatation foam as mentioned or you have a serious piece of weeds which has somehow made its way towards that hole. I would definitely try a flexible magnet as mentioned as well to see if there is anything in there that is stopping it up and can be dislodged.
    - 2020 Bass Tracker Classic XL - SOLD
    - 2024 Lowe Stinger 178
    Mercury 115HP ProXS CT
    Vance 6" hydraulic jack plate
    22P 3 blade Tempest Plus propeller
    NGK Ruthenium plugs
    Garmin Force troller
    Garmin 126SV/93SV/73SV Livescope/ dual GT54 transducers
    DD26 motor toter
    IG: extremeboating

17. Member
    I have the same boat and year. I will look at my cooler tomorrow in my boat
    2020 Tracker TXW 175 Tournament Edition
    Helix 10 MDI G4N, Helix 10 MDI G4N, Helix 9 MSI G3N
    Mega 360, Mega Live, Target Lock
    Ultrex 52”/80lb MDI I-Pilot Link
    Dual Ethernet Hub

18. Member
    Probably wasn't necessary to dig up this old thread, OP is almost 2 years old.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotLoad View Post
    The drain on the cooler doesn't work properly and makes me have to dry it with towels. The dealer is far away so I am hoping there might be an easy fix.

Inside the drain there is what looks like the head of a bolt and I'm unsure if it's supposed to be there or if something fell in and caused the blockage. I have tried to move the blockage (if that's what it is), but it doesn't budge.

Here is a picture of the drain, any ideas?20200920_102439.jpg
    I've owned my 2021 TXW 175 for 2+ years now, and just today after returning from the lake I noticed that my built in cooler hadn't drained the ice water like it normally does. The cooler has always had about 1/4 of an inch of water still in it at the end of the day after the ice melts, because of the raised plastic/rubber fitting that surrounds the drain hole. But today there was at least 2 inches of ice water left in the cooler which I used a towel to remove before putting the boat away. When I shined a flashlight into the drain hole I saw the metal, which I assumed was part of the hull. It's like that rubber or plastic piece which is around the drain swelled a bit and now presses up against the hull preventing the water from draining. Like I said this is the first time I've had a lot of water left in the cooler at the end of the day, very strange.

20. Member
    Mine has been like that since about the 3rd time I used it. Not sure what changed. It never drained fast or completely but would drain down to about a 1/8" of empty. I'm with R2 Tracker if anyone that works at the factory is listening. Give us a removeable igloo or decent cooler with a customs fit box to slide it in and call it a day. Putting anything with paper on it and leaving in the water just causes the paper to break down and clog the pitiful drain anyway. 2nd biggest design flaw, right behind the rod storage tubes bending on the port side of the boat.
    2023 Targa V-19 Combo
    Mercury 200hp XS XL Four stroke
    Garmin Force TM-36v Ionic Lithium Batteries
    Best Speed to date: 51.2mph
    BEST/WORST: Storage / Compartment moisture

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast