2005 200hp E200FHLSOR - Won’t Turn Over

Just got the EMM back and reinstalled. Replaced all spark plugs. Back flushed the engine. Then tried to start and it was wanting to turn over. Attempted four times and then on the fifth time it wouldn’t even engage or sound off. The fuel pump won’t even hum when turning the key now. The only sounds now when the key is turned is the alarm system going through it’s initial set up and a faint click in or around the solenoid. Any ideas? The battery is fully charged and all connections tight and refreshed new.
    “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail
    Ben Franklin

2000 Ranger 518vx Comanche

2. Member
    And the starter will not raise.
    Ben Franklin

3. Member
    I think it’s the solenoid. We could jump from the two main posts and the starter wanted to engage. Just ordered one.
    Ben Franklin

It could be the key switch or a loose connection at the switch, the yellow red striped wire, the neutral safety switch can cause those symptoms as well!
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

5. Member
    After doing some more research I will have to check the relays in my pdp box, especially the Stop&Ign relay.
    Ben Franklin

6. Member
    When I pull out the “somewhat corroded” start delay relay and try to turn on the motor, it begins to engage (I didn’t let it because I didn’t have the muffs hooked to it). I tried this three times in a row and every time it wanted to engage with the starter jumping up. Still no beginning sound from fuel pump. When I put the relay back in, nothing, just like before. It’s my understanding that that particular relay gives the EMM time to get things going before the engine starts, is that true? If so, could that be the reason the fuel pump isn’t humming when the ignition key is turned at first? All the other relays and fuses checked out.
    Ben Franklin

7. Member
    Sorry, I got that confused. The 70 amp relay is part number 586397 and not the start delay relay. I think it’s the main power relay. I don’t really know what it goes to. Some help please lol. I’m all over the place. Need this engine running or I have to cancel my trip soon.
    Ben Franklin

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I'd try reseating all the connections you disconnected and clean and retighten the battery cables both on the motor and battery. No wing nuts on the battery.

9. Member
    I refreshed all battery connections a while back. There was plenty of corrosion, I had to cut about 2 inches on every wire to get to good clean wire lol. Put new terminals on crimped to pretty much perfection and marine adhesive shrink wrapped. Battery is new, a juggernaut, an Odyssey 2150. Waiting on solenoid and 70 amp main power relay to come in and I’ll see if that solves my problem. Parts should be here Monday and Tuesday. I’ll let you know.
    Ben Franklin