Keel Guard Length xb-21

Going to a lake in a few weeks that doesn't have a loading dock and will have to beach the boat What length keel guard have you installed on a xb-21 2 seater. Trying to stay as far away from the transducer as possible to avoid any interferance. Thanks ahead of time.

2. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    Yeah I always hate it when I get to a launch and there's no dock. Up North most docks are pulled for the winter shortly after the beginning of October. I looked up Megaware keel guard and they have a sizing guide: https://keelguard.com/product/keel-guard/

I get to the garage today and I'll measure mine. I ordered my boat with it factory installed.

I know there was discussion on here a few years ago about loosing the depth reading at a given speed. And some owners felt that the keel guard reduced the ability for the transducer to read depth. I never bought into that because the ducer tray is basically right beside the driver and the keel guard stops way short of that distance. I think the depth is lost depending on how soon or not you get the bow up at given speeds
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

My factory install is 6 ft...... Love it already.

4. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    well there ya have it. Its way shorter than the prescribed length on their website.
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

from what I've witnessed so far, with the keel design on this boat 6 ft is plenty.

6. Member
    Thanks guys, I installed a 6’ hamby’s lite. Looks better than I thought it would.