FXR gauge connection

I have a 2020 FXR and wanted to connect the Lowrance live to the SHO via a Yamaha interface cable. Does the stock Skeeter gauges use the same connector on the SHO as the interface cable uses? If it does, can you use a splitter to use both the stock gauges and the Lowrance gauges?

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassen23 View Post
    I have a 2020 FXR and wanted to connect the Lowrance live to the SHO via a Yamaha interface cable. Does the stock Skeeter gauges use the same connector on the SHO as the interface cable uses? If it does, can you use a splitter to use both the stock gauges and the Lowrance gauges?

Thanks in advance.
    i had some of the same questions but for birds..still waiting on my boat. I did go through my buddies boat and found a NEMA backbone under the console and would think you can tie into the NEMA to get the data it the smart guage is pulling from it ��*♂️ Just not 100% till I get mine and play with it.

You can use a T connector and splice into the Green connector but keep in mind that it’s powered by the key in the ON position. If you use a point 1 or any other NMEA device it won’t work unless the key is on.

I have a 17 FXLE and I was able to splice using a T connector.