Ranger seats swap?

Has anyone changed the 520c seats to the new 520L ones? Is it a tough swap?

2. Member
    2014 Ranger Z520C, Yamaha 250 SHO

3. Member
    I called Ranger boats about this question months ago and they confirmed that the seat from a L boat will fit the C boat. Can't image that it would be to hard a swap.

4. Member
    The mounting is different in these seats. The driver is easy, it fits on the slide. The passenger is a little challenging because the L boat has a pan that the seat attaches to. The C boat screws through the back and is open to the gas tank...... weirdest design ever. I'm fabbing a couple brackets and will bolt these from the back to the front to keep it off the tank. The seats look great. Big thank you to C and O Marine, Angelica is great to deal with!

5. Member
    So I gotta ask.....how much were they? I’m gonna have to re-skin or replace at some point.

6. Member

L boat seats suck, why would you want to do that?
    Boatless

8. Member
    The C seats rip in the seam, Ranger wanted $ 1,100.00 and 12 weeks to build. C and O had these and were $ 600.00. I have never been a fan of the C seats, the bottoms are too hard and the back has zero support. I may hate these but they are already better looking and more comfortable. I know the stories of how the back has a bar that is too close with not enough foam. I will get mine rebuilt at some point to have a spare set.

9. Member
    I fished out of a buddy’s new 521L for four days and loved the seats. Thought they were way more comfortable than mine. And yes I have a torn seem.

And do you have pics of what you got?
    Last edited by Mike A; 09-22-2020 at 02:39 PM.