Solix doesn't default to base map upon start up.

I've noticed that I have to change my chart source from "chart card" to "base map" every time I start up Solix 10. I am currently using the HB base map along with AutoChart live SD card that's used to map some of my local lakes.

Is there a setting to have the unit default to "base map" upon start up or is that just the way it is?

2. Humminbird Moderator SLYDoggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVG View Post
    I've noticed that I have to change my chart source from "chart card" to "base map" every time I start up Solix 10. I am currently using the HB base map along with AutoChart live SD card that's used to map some of my local lakes.

Is there a setting to have the unit default to "base map" upon start up or is that just the way it is?
    Unfortunately, this is how it works and can't be changed. I complained to this to HB but was told that it was designed to use the chart card as the default if it is installed. Interestingly, I also have a Navionics HotMap+ card and, if I have that set as the default when I shut down, it will default to the Navionics card on startup. It's only when you have the basemap selected that it seems to ignore that fact when you power on. In my case, the Zero Lines Card which it defaults to, has zero contour lines on my lake and even the outline of the lake is very rudimentary. I have to have the chart card though as I have charted most of the lake I fish and rely on those charts. I still prefer the basemap for areas I haven't recorded.

Bottom line, it is supposedly how it is supposed to work but, in my opinion, is not how it should work. If you have a specific chart selected, it should default to that chart on the next power up as well.
    ---> Regards, Steve Yarbrough (AKA: SLYDoggieTN on YouTube)
    • Apex 19/16/13, Mega 360, and Mega Live
    • Minn Kota Ulterra Quest Trolling Motor
    • (2) Cannon Optimum Bluetooth Downriggers
    • Impulse Lithium Batteries... 36V 60AH for Trolling Motor, (2) 12V 120AH for Cranking & Electronics, 12V 60AH for Downriggers

3. Member
    That's what I expected to hear @SLYDoggie. Not the end of the world but like you said, not the way it should be.

Thanks for the response.