Thread: Sandusky

Sandusky

Headed up there in a week to fish. Been watching the weather and they are calling for 10-15 mph winds the whole week im there. Jus curious how rough itll be out by bass island and Put-in bay?

2. Member
    That depends on the wind direction. South wind is your friend. NE wind will be terrible.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

3. Member
    Looks like mostly WSW with a few days out of the West

4. Member
    Not a lot of trees to break the wind out there. Above 10 mph I stay near shore but I'm a pussy.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

5. Member
    10 - 15 mph winds will be pretty bumpy that far out around south bass. A west wind won't help ya either. If your not used to run ningbo up there I'd stay close around the main land harbors. That lake can eat a bass boat and not even burp.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

Sandusky Bay is full of fish, if you can't get out on the main lake. Lots and lots of largemouth and a few smallies thrown in.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments