Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Do You Like Your Nitro

Seriously considering buying one. I have always been a Triton man and I do love them. But the price on the Nitros is just hard to beat. I found a new 2018 Z21 with a new 250 four stroke for < 50K with upgrade from Fortrex to Ultrex and two HDS 12s. Would appreciate some advice. Pros and cons? Would you buy it again if you could go back and do it over? Feel free to PM me if you want. TIA.
    2004 Triton TR21X * 2021 Mercury 250 4 stroke

Love my 2015 z8, I have had a carpet issue, 3$ and 10 minutes of my time, and any other issues were things like a mercury or power pole.

i would buy again.

but I do really like a bass cat or two (scratch this, look at their page for a "bad lynx review"), but I love the layout of a nitro and the price.

i will buy a nitro again. I said it again.
    Last edited by Fishysam; 09-22-2020 at 09:01 PM.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. Member
    I like mind would buy another. Pros the layout, ride and standard bells and whistles that come with the Z21. Cons, some rigging under the console was a bit sloppy. One item was screwed into a sheet of plastic which was fine but afte 200 houra of pounding was inadequate. A drill and zip ties permenantly resolved that. However with the new behind windshield console wiring it appears to be an issue of the past now.

Another small con for the life of me I dont understand is why they dont just use washers on the fiberglass fender mounting hardware. Every Nitro I've ever seen with fiberglass fenders eventually vibrate loose as the wood softens due to lack of washers and once adding washers the problem is resolved permenantly. Just little things as cons that are super easy to fix but would go a long way if the factory did it from the get go. That being said the price more than makes up for the little things.

Custom ordered mine almost two years ago now, there has not been a single time that I have been disappointed with my purchase and yes, I would do it all over again.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

5. Member
    I have a 2016 Z20 with a 250 Verado on it. It is very heavy in the stern. It wants to porpoise if I am not careful. The carpet didn’t last 3 years. I wouldn’t buy again.

Oh my fenders are getting custom bolts and washers through them, the bolts heads will be on top of the non skid pads, looks poor but has fixed my issues so. Whatever. There is something that I don't care for on the newer boats that I did not say in my first post. I do not care for the touch pads in any boat. I want cheap rocker switches like my boat has.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

7. Dogfish_Jones
    I’m on my second Nitro, the reason for a second one is the first one was great. I sold my first one 2015 Z7 to move up to a 2020 Z20.
    The boats have been great, the trailer on the Z7 was poor at best. Hopefully the Z20 trailer is better, it is built a lot better.
    If I ever bought another boat would I consider another Nitro? Right now, yes, I have no complaints.

8. Member
    2019 Z19 ordered it the way i wanted it and so far i am happy

9. Member
    I got a 2017 z18 that I got barely used from a guy that got it new. I have been very happy with the boat. I would definitely look at nitro when I’m ready to get a different boat. I think you do get what you pay for to a certain extent. I have a rockwood camper and you can spend way less on a camper or way more to. Some of the higher price boats probably have better Quality but not always. Nitro is a great value I believe. I have been in some really nice rangers, Phoenix, skeeters. But don’t have a desire to spend $70,000 plus on a boat.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steinybass View Post
    2019 Z19 ordered it the way i wanted it and so far i am happy
    Same here and Would definitely buy again. Only con for me is the trailer...had a handful of issues but warranty took care of them.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

11. Member
    I bought my Z21 in May of this year and after the first summer of owning it, I love it. Jump on the deal, you won't regret it.

I looked at Skeeters, Vexas, Phoenix and Rangers and we ended up in a new Nitro. I just couldn't justify spending another $15-25K or more on another boat, with less features. The Nitro's have come a long way in the last 10 years or so as far as quality goes. I think they are every bit as much as most of the other boats on the market for a whole lot less money.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

12. Member
    Yep.my 6th

13. Member
    Love my boat, glad I purchased it.
    Chris

2020 Nitro Z19 Pro w/ 200 ProXS

14. Member
    That is a heck of a deal on that boat.
    I have the 2019 Z19 and it is awesome, lot of storage room, big front platform for fishing.
    easy to load and unload, easy and safe to get in and out with the trailer steps.
    probably the quickest holeshot to plane boat, front bow does not lift up on takeoff.
    looks are impressive.

Got a 2021 in my garage now.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

16. Member
    Yes, if i had a do-over I would buy another Nitro. I currently own a 2008 Z7 and have owned it since 2008 and i special ordered it from the factory. It is my second Nitro with my first being an NX882 which i really liked as well and would most likely still own it if not for an inattentive driver at a toll booth...... I have had really no issues with either boat that i can say is a "Nitro" issue or anything related to its construction that has failed or given me any trouble. Things i have had to fix are stuff like failed livewell pumps or trolling motors and stuff like that. On my Z7 i did have to upgrade the foam in the seats since it was too soft and i felt like i was riding on the base, had to do the same thing to the Champion i used to own and some people complain about Ranger seats too on the C boats so not a Nitro exclusive issue. I had a local upholstery shop swap the foam out with stiffer memory foam in the center section of the seat, cost me like 100 bucks and they are comfy now. Beyond that the boats have been trouble free and i have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of the two i have owned. They fish great.

Both of my trailers have been good too. The only trailer issue i have ever had beyond worn parts and burned out lights is a bearing that failed on my Z7 trailer about 2 months into ownership. I call that a Tie Down Engineering problem since the brand new replacements i got with the new disc i had to buy were junk and destined to fail right out of the box. Other than that i have had to replace burnt out lights which are now LED and this spring i had to replace the master cylinder in the actuator since it was leaking, it is 12 years old so i'm not surprised.
    Last edited by jb882; 09-21-2020 at 08:00 AM.

17. Member
    I get naked and roll around in my Z9

Quote Originally Posted by hermanp View Post
    I get naked and roll around in my Z9
    Ah geez hope I can get that image out of my head before it comes time to buy another.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

19. Member
    I had a 2010 Z9 before my new 2020 Z19. I was very pleased with my Z9 didnt have an ounce of trouble with it. For me and my use I really like my z19 better. Love the huge front storage compartment. I can set on the cooler lid and access all my baits under one lid. The front deck seems as large as my Z9, the hole shot on this boat with the 200 4s is incredible.
    We also had a 1996 160 TF rick clunn edition that held up well and the person that bought it is still running it today, that 60hp mariner motor was bulletproof.

On my second, bought my 2006 911 CDC new and traded that for the 2016 Z21. Would buy another without hesitation.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast