Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    I like my Z7 except for the cooler, it is a tad small and does not keep ice very well. But layout and handling are very nice.

2. Member
    Got some carpet burn today

3. Member
    I would not buy another nitro. 2009 nitro z-7 with 200 opti. Loved the boat until the hull delaminated and started coming off. I was on the nitro/tracker pro team for years and can’t even get a response from them. It’s out of warranty as I am
    the second owner but they won’t even respond to say sorry that sucks. This is the reason Johnny is worth 4.1 billion. Doesn’t stand behind his product

Quote Originally Posted by vikingbass View Post
    I would not buy another nitro. 2009 nitro z-7 with 200 opti. Loved the boat until the hull delaminated and started coming off. I was on the nitro/tracker pro team for years and can’t even get a response from them. It’s out of warranty as I am
    the second owner but they won’t even respond to say sorry that sucks. This is the reason Johnny is worth 4.1 billion. Doesn’t stand behind his product
    This is true; but wait a few days or weeks since this comment and many seem to be rash and in anger that may only be temporary
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    This is true; but wait a few days or weeks since this comment and many seem to be rash and in anger that may only be temporary
    you are correct. I am angry, I do disagree it will be temporary, I am out a boat and now have to just part it out to recover any money from this. The thing that angers me is that you can’t even get a reply, zero. It’s a shame and like I said I was on the nitro/tracker pro team so the email I sent went to the manager that ran the program in my area and I couldn’t even get a response from her. It wasn’t an angry email or even pointing fingers. My email said hi Steph. Hope you are doing well, just wanted to show you what happened to the boat, insurance says it’s delamination and I really can’t argue it as I didn’t hit anything. I know I am second owner so warranty doesn’t apply but this is a workmanship issue so if anything can be done I would appreciate it

6. Member
    To answer your question, YES, I like mine. Bought mine New 7 years ago and it has been great.

7. Member
    Dealer told me mine goes into production first week of November!

8. Member
    nitro has built thousands of z 7s over the years the more you build the more exposure you have it just a numbers thing. some folks look at boats different than cars trucks or such if you still own a car o truck that is over 10 years old an it breaks you get rid of it or pay to have it fixed on a boat over 10 years old no matter how it was treated in the past when it fails some are looking to have someone else pick up the tab . as the years go on everybody that is building boats the quality gets better or they go out of business.

9. Member
    I have a 2001 911 CDC bought used in 2008. Love the ride and layout enough to bring it back to as close as new as possible. So far new seats, wet sanded and buffed the gel coat on the hull and fenders, had the trailer Linex, going in for new carpet today and will probably repower with a new Mercury 300 before the spring.

Quote Originally Posted by WranglerSS View Post
    I have a 2001 911 CDC bought used in 2008. Love the ride and layout enough to bring it back to as close as new as possible. So far new seats, wet sanded and buffed the gel coat on the hull and fenders, had the trailer Linex, going in for new carpet today and will probably repower with a new Mercury 300 before the spring.
    That was a good boat, never forget a kid asking me if I was a cop. he said I had 911 on the side of my boat.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

I had the 2006 911 CDC...loved that boat. Not a single issue when I traded it in 2016 for my Z21. Replaced tires, batteries, and two pumps over ten years....that's it.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

12. Member
    I bought w 2013 z9 this past spring. I just fished a tournament this past Sunday and ran 80-100 miles all total and the first half of the was windy and rough. I was very pleased with the ride and fishability. Im haveny regretted my purchase for sure.

13. Member
    One more thing to mention. The livewells are amazing. With other boats you'll need to stop periodically and add more water when your making long runs in rough water. With nitros baffle system you don't lose much water at all. If you're a tournament angler that's a great feature.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    That was a good boat, never forget a kid asking me if I was a cop. he said I had 911 on the side of my boat.
    Bryan, I seem to remember you repowered your 911 with a bigger motor. I'm seriously considering a 300R to replace the 225 EFI which will push it 68 mph with a 27P Tempest. What speed do you think I could get with the 300R on it?
    Last edited by WranglerSS; 10-30-2020 at 09:36 AM.

15. Member
    I owned a 2019 Z18 that I enjoyed. It got the job done. Wasn't very fast. Wasn't great in rough water. I had the standard problems every Nitro owner eventually enjoys which is bearing hub cap failures. Lost my hub caps and bearing caps on 3/4 wheels between my home and boat ramp somewhere. Trailer creaked and popped terrible when making any significant turns at the ramp. Back fishing seat...bolts came loose on the hinged portion of the seat and BPS installed my SI Transducer in the absolute wrong spot so it only scanned one side. I fixed that but had to put extra holes in my boat because of it. Sold it at a loss and bought a Ballistic .204

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBallistic View Post
    I owned a 2019 Z18 that I enjoyed. It got the job done. Wasn't very fast. Wasn't great in rough water. I had the standard problems every Nitro owner eventually enjoys which is bearing hub cap failures. Lost my hub caps and bearing caps on 3/4 wheels between my home and boat ramp somewhere. Trailer creaked and popped terrible when making any significant turns at the ramp. Back fishing seat...bolts came loose on the hinged portion of the seat and BPS installed my SI Transducer in the absolute wrong spot so it only scanned one side. I fixed that but had to put extra holes in my boat because of it. Sold it at a loss and bought a Ballistic .204
    All mechanical fasteners in boats will get loose and need to be randomly checked for tightness. A 18' boat isn't going to be a luxurious ride and a 150 isn't going to be "fast". All boats are sold at a loss. Your new boat looks awesome I hope you enjoy it.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Quote Originally Posted by WranglerSS View Post
    Bryan, I seem to remember you repowered your 911 with a bigger motor. I'm seriously considering a 300R to replace the 225 EFI which will push it 68 mph with a 27P Tempest. What speed do you think I could get with the 300R on it?
    I never repowered it. Just sold it. 300r should be a high 70s boat in my opinion.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

18. Member
    I love a Nitro and if I were in the market for a new boat, they would be on my short list. Lots of boat for the price. One issue I have seen on many on them is the sloppy “fit and finish” (as several have already mentioned). Let me also note that my local Cabelas has two Nitros displayed in their parking lot. I’ve seen both of them there for over a year. These are both currently on “clearance”. These boats are brand new 2018s and they look horrible. Sitting in the parking lot with no cover or shelter has turned them to crap. Heavily oxidized fiberglass, warped and faded consoles and trim pieces, faded upholstery, faded carpet, faded motor cowls, stickers coming off. They look they’re 10 years old and have been abused. They are priced well below the original retail price but if you bought one and wanted it to look good you’d have a lot of work and expense on your hands.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey6404 View Post
    I love a Nitro and if I were in the market for a new boat, they would be on my short list. Lots of boat for the price. One issue I have seen on many on them is the sloppy “fit and finish” (as several have already mentioned). Let me also note that my local Cabelas has two Nitros displayed in their parking lot. I’ve seen both of them there for over a year. These are both currently on “clearance”. These boats are brand new 2018s and they look horrible. Sitting in the parking lot with no cover or shelter has turned them to crap. Heavily oxidized fiberglass, warped and faded consoles and trim pieces, faded upholstery, faded carpet, faded motor cowls, stickers coming off. They look they’re 10 years old and have been abused. They are priced well below the original retail price but if you bought one and wanted it to look good you’d have a lot of work and expense on your hands.
    Any boat sitting out would look like that. It seems dumb to me the way they leave them out maybe they think it attracts dreamers and tirekickers to the store and they spend some money while there.

20. Member
    While I agree that any boat neglected and sitting out in the weather would look like that, it’s hard to believe that these only had two years of weather on them. They honestly looked 10 years old.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast