Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Interesting, my 2015, has been in a lake approximately 600 days, rain, sun, snow, 4' waves, gravel roads and my boat is still in the 95% looks and that's me nit picking bullet weight damage. I bet they look sad but a detail shop and 250$ probably return them extra 8 years.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

2. Member
    I’ve heard the criticism about gelcoats that fade quickly, but don’t really understand how the gelcoat is different on a nitro vs any other brand out there really.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    I’ve heard the criticism about gelcoats that fade quickly, but don’t really understand how the gelcoat is different on a nitro vs any other brand out there really.
    Maybe if stored outdoors uncovered in the sun. I've owned 4 Nitros. The 1995 180 TF I purchased had faded gel but it was almost 20 years old at the time. The following 2008+ boats I stored either covered outside and then in a shelter logic never experienced any kind of fading .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey6404 View Post
    While I agree that any boat neglected and sitting out in the weather would look like that, it’s hard to believe that these only had two years of weather on them. They honestly looked 10 years old.
    I see boats like this also, it's a shame the big box stores neglect them like that. A good deep clean and polish might reveal its not quite as bad as it appears but 730+ days of rain, snow, sleet, sun and 1000s of people crawling all over them certainly does not help.

I got lucky with mine. It was a model year leftover at a BPS that never took it out of their storage yard to display or even removed the shipping cover.

I remember a friend of mine buying a brand new skeeter that had been out side on the lot for about a year. Covered tho. But the rear sponsons were oxidized. wax would make them look good for a bit, but it always came back.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

6. Member
    This is my first Nitro, not new but new to me...
    2010 X5, not nearly as nice as the new big dogs....but I came from a Lowe Aluminum....

So far I really like the boat.
    90HP, 40MPH with 2 guys and gear.... 17.5 feet, all I need.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234