Gas furnace Questions

Evening guys i got a Old Tappan 80% natural gas furnace i just tried starting for the first time of the year. Its giving me problems. The inducer motor isn't turning on at all. I thought it turned on the in the beginning of the sequence. The fault comes up as "Pressure switch is open with inducer on". My question is , shouldn't the inducer motor still try to turn on even if the pressure switch is bad?

2. Member
    Yes, the inducer is the first thing that should start on a ignition trial followed by the pressure switch making and then the ignition. Reset the furnace and check the motor leads with a meter to see if the motor is bad or the relay that starts it....
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

Hey thanks for the reply. I did a little more diagnosing last nite. I dont seem to be getting power from the board to the plug for motor. Bad Relay? Can these be replaced? I tried pulling one off but it didnt seem like it wanted to budge.