Thread: Power switch

Power switch

My power switch is not working and I’m unable to turn of the power to my boat unless I disconnect the battery any help on how to trouble shoot the problem would be appreciated

2. Member
    Your post isn't very clear as to what you mean by "power switch". As there are various ways and types of set ups on every boat, I'm going to assume you mean the switch that powers your console. If it is, then you may have a defective switch (assuming no other wiring issue). If you need to disconnect the battery, that tells me you don't have a cut off switch which cuts power to the entire boat coming off the battery. You really need to install one if for nothing more than safety. This also provides the means to be able to work on the electrical system without fear of electrocution or damage.
    When you turn of the "power switch" at the console, you really are not cutting power to the entire boat...just the console and its related components. As for your "power switch" issue, trace wires leading to it to check for loose wires, blown fuses etc. If none, you may have to replace the switch. Good luck and let us know how it turned out.

3. Member
    I need you to be more clear as "power switch" As posted above, several places for a power switch.